Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is cutting out wheat completely healthy if you do it immediately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is cutting out wheat completely healthy if you do it immediately?

Ok, so I stopped eating all things with wheat and have just been eating meat, fruit and vegetables.. is this defo healthy??? D:

What is in wheat that you can't get anywhere else?
    Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

Sure, no need to ease into it. It's just like waking up one day and deciding you are not going to drink milk ever again. There is no harm in it.

Comment

I can't see why it wouldn't be. You might have some energy and mood alterations for the first week with a likely reduction in carbohydrates but the body is very quick to adapt. Hopefully within no time your body will switch to burning more fats because it's anticipating not recieving complex carbohydrates from wheat products it may be used to.

Think about it, where would Grok have found wheat? As long as you are getting plenty of fruits and vegetables in your system you should be getting all the carbs your body needs. I believe the primal nutrition can lead to great health benefits but needs to include the activity and exercise in your lifestyle as well. We weren't made to sit around in front of computers every day. Just a thought Good luck though!!!!

Comment

It doesn't feel good though, this diet is killing me atm D:

Comment

If you don't cut out all gluten as well, you are unlikely to get any sort of a reaction from eliminating it, unless you happen to have an allergy to wheat itself.
            Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

Originally posted by johns View Post
              It doesn't feel good though, this diet is killing me atm D:
              Carb flu. Stick with it. Feelings will pass.
              My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

I hope so ^^^ thanks guys

Comment

johns, have a quick read of this article:

The Low Carb Flu | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Thanks, that was a helpful read

Comment

If you are absolutely miserable, don't hesitate to add a few more carbs in. This isn't a race-you won't get tattled on for cutting down slowly! You have the rest of your life to do it 'by the book' and if you overwhelm yourself, you won't stick with it.

Thats not carte blanche to eat 300 grams of carbs every day forever, by any means, but on the other hand, if you're coming from 400 grams a day, dropping to 100 a day overnight is a big cut.

Are you eating enough fat?

Comment

I think so, but it hs been very 60 to 0 if you know what I mean.. and I really do want to stick to this diet just to avoid health problem when I get older.

Comment

IMO there's nothing better anyone can do for their body than give up wheat (well and refined sugar)
                          Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                          Harold Whitman

Comment

60-0 you mean as far as carb consumption?

A basic breakdown of what you might consider aiming for (and I'll use me as an example) is

1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight. I have 110 # lbm, so I get 110 grams protein.
                            X number of carbs, depending on needs/goal. I'm aiming for fat loss, so I'm keeping it below 25 because ketosis is my friend. <---I've also been LC for quite a while,and am fully ketoadapted. If you want to aim for 100, there you go.
                            sufficient Fat to make up the balance of what you need to stay not-hungry and satiated. I aim for between 100 and 115 grams of fat, roughly, otherwise I'm hungry in the AM.

That roughs out to somewhere between 1350 and 1600 calories a day, and I'm 30 years old, 5'6", and 148 lbs. I lift heavy three days a week and sprint at least once, depending on my time-so consider myself fairly active.

Have you also seen this: Newbies start here

Comment

Keep it cold turkey. I am 1 month away from a complete year with ZERO tolerance with grain. It kind of comes with an air of superiority. I am proud to say not even a grain. I am very careful to read ingredients. However I cant say that i havent had a sugar binge or two(three) The 1st 6 weeks I went primal sucked, then it was no problem after that.
                              "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Working...
                              X