Bananas...talk to me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bananas...talk to me

I've searched and read the articles. I would like personal experience. Had my first banana in I don't know how long and it gave me mixed results.

Thoughts please and thanks.

Results for what? Experience with what?

My experience is they taste yummy, and the result was a satisfied sugar craving.

Comment

They're carb-heavy, but if weight loss isn't your goal, or you already eat a low-carb diet then you're okay eating them (occasionally).

Also, if it's a once in awhile thing used to satisfy a sugar craving, it's much better than the alternative.

Comment

I eat half a banana about twice a week or so in a coconut berry shake, and I have continued to lose weight. I find it helps control sugar/carb cravings and adds some diversity to my diet. I just try to keep my carbs on the low side for the rest of the day.

Comment

They're useful if you're doing intense exercise. I like them with Greek yogurt as a pre-workout breakfast or in a smoothie for recovery.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

as long as you aren't eating 30 a day and to the exclusion of other foods, I think they're fine.
            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

As long as you aren't talking back . . .

Sorry. I couldn't resist. The title made me giggle.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Of fruit, they are lower on the fructose scale. A good bet I think, fruit-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                  Results for what? Experience with what?

My experience is they taste yummy, and the result was a satisfied sugar craving.
                  Results were inconclusive as it's only one day but I'm very in tune with each food that goes in.

Pro: helped promote "moving things along"

Con: Bloating feeling, irritable mood for no apparent other reason.

will test again tomorrow by not having banana then Thursday having one.

Comment

Working...
                  X