Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't all the veggies make you bloat while not satiating you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't all the veggies make you bloat while not satiating you?

How do you avoid such bloating when eating so many veggies? Do veggies and protein even satiate you with so few calories? Especially after working out.

I've never experienced bloating from vegetables. Most of my satiety comes from fat, but protein comes in a close second. As for veggies, I find cauliflower and broccoli to be quite satisfying, relatively speaking. The brief and intense workouts that the PB prescribes really don't burn very many calories, so hunger from exercise isn't much of a factor.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Some people don't do well eating raw vegetables and get bloating so its best to eat lightly cooked if this is the case as its easier on the digestion.

(None, does this occur just with raw vegies?)

Comment

I haven't had any problems. Think of it this way. Fat & protein are satisfying, fruits and veggies are refreshing.

Comment

Fruits are my candy!
          "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Cooking / serving veggies with fat makes a big difference, to me. Then they're rather filling. I don't have a big problem with bloating from veggies, so I can't address that.

Comment

I had a little acid refulx with my broccoli. Probably all the butter
              "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Eating no grains or sugar has reduced my bloating, gas, and water retention by 80-90%.
                "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

There is an old wife's tale in my culture that cabbage and cauliflower causes "gas."

And truthfully, cabbage does that to me.

Otherwise, I havent had any problems with vegetables.

Comment

Working...
                  X