Aussie needing help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie needing help!

Can anyone please tell me what the Australian equivalent for 'spaghetti squash' is? It looks so delicious!

I don't think there is an equivalent. I tried looking for spaghetti squash in Woolies and Coles but no luck. Some low carbers use zucchini strips instead.

Comment

i dont even know what that is lol???
      Hey why not visit my blog at http://www.weightlossdonkey.com

'Read How I Lost 14 Pounds In 14 Days!'

Comment

Comment

I've never seen one in the UK, either. Anyone?

Comment

AKA The spaghetti squash (Cucurbita pepo) (also called vegetable spaghetti, noodle squash, spaghetti marrow (in the UK), squaghetti , gold string melon or fish fin melon. So sez the web.
            Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Thanks for that guys! Pity we have nothing like it over here . I thought it may have been some type of pumpkin or button squash that was cooked and separated with a fork to create the 'spaghetti' type texture, but nope, I couldn't be so lucky.

Comment

I don't care for spaghetti squash--it's bland. But I shred zucchini or yellow summer squash, steam lightly then butter, and use that, and I think it tastes better.
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

You can't buy it in Woolies or Coles but you CAN grow it! I've had great success with growing spaghetti squash, got the seeds from Bunnings. Enjoy!

Comment

I haven't seen it over here either and asked my local fruit & veg place over here and they looked at me a bit strange. I may try and get some seeds and grow it to! There is quite a bit of stuff the us seems to have that we don't have here.
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

My wife bought one once. I'll ask her where she got it. I prefer pumpkin and there's nothing stopping you from pouring your favourite pasta sauces over meat or vegetables
                      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by Axiomae View Post
                        You can't buy it in Woolies or Coles but you CAN grow it! I've had great success with growing spaghetti squash, got the seeds from Bunnings. Enjoy!
                        Bunnings has spaghetti squash seeds?! Excellent, I shall be buying some tomorrow. I also have asked my local greengrocer, who said he hasn't even seen one for years - obviously not very popular over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Axiomae View Post

Awesome!! Thanks for that! I will have to go and have a look

Comment

I'm going to go and buy some to! on another note where in perth can I get grass fed butter?
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by sarahz View Post
                              I'm going to go and buy some to! on another note where in perth can I get grass fed butter?
                              Yeah, I'm in Brissy and I've been on the lookout for grass fed dairy (butter, cheese, yoghurt) and can't seem to find it anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X