Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you get sick after "cheating"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you get sick after "cheating"?

I have been eating primal for about 9 months. I started out real slow eating more like 60% primal 40% conventional. Over the 9 months I have gotten more and more into it because of how right it feels! I love it. I am now more like 90% primal 10% not.

But an unusual thing has begun to happen. Every time I "cheat" I pay. My allergies kick in big time or I get the start of a cold, (which I kick right away) or something like that. It is amazing how much eating grains or sugar lowers my immune system! I mean BIG TIME. Is this normal or am I particularly blessed with a built in governor?

Thank you for any tips you can give me too.
    Dana Zia
    http://cavewomancafe.wordpress.com/sigpic

My hands swell up if I eat grains, or at least wheat. I had one wheat cheat and one accidental wheating and after each one I had a hard time getting my wedding ring off.

Comment

I eat some corn (tortillas) and I get really bloated. Great incentive not to cheat!
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Oh, I pay, alright....
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I have started to get bad allergies, sneezing and a really really irritated nose, bloating, hives, and the worst being light headedness.
          I realize now, we are no different than our ancestors from millenniums ago. We are just cavemen with technology.

Comment

I had 3 fish tacos from Rubio's yesterday and I felt sick to my stomach afterward. I think I always felt like that after eating crap, I was just so used to feeling that way that I didn't really notice it. I also discovered that I don't even like those tacos anymore yesterday. Ugh never again. "Great incentive not to cheat" indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by cavewoman cafe View Post
              IBut an unusual thing has begun to happen. Every time I "cheat" I pay. My allergies kick in big time or I get the start of a cold, (which I kick right away) or something like that. It is amazing how much eating grains or sugar lowers my immune system! I mean BIG TIME. Is this normal or am I particularly blessed with a built in governor?
              This is normal, and it's why you should not cheat. Humans are not designed to eat grains or sugar, point-blank and period.
              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

there's a little bit of digestive ickiness if i eat gluten, so if i "cheat" it will be something that causes no problem, like a gluten free ice cream cone stuffed with a modest amount of organic ice cream (a whopping 30g carbs total, and technically grain free as the cones are made of tapioca and potato starches). very few available "cheats" are worth even a little discomfort considering the bounty of yumminess that causes no issue.
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Almost of my cheats have ended up sending me to the bathroom. I have learned to fear cheats now.

Comment

YES, this is why I don't cheat anymore with soy, corn, legumes, vegetable oils, or wheat (yes, occasionally I have rice at an asian restaurant - but by occasionally I mean once every three months)
                    It's funny because someone recently mentioned that we'd have to go out for my birthday and "Well, of course you'll let go of primal for that, right?" At first I was thought, "YEAH, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" but then I realized cheating would completely ruin my birthday, and why would I want to do that? Griff is right, humans are not designed to eat it.
                    It is no longer a cheat, it is preventing myself from a family history of colon cancer, depression, etc. For the first time in my life, I am succeeding in something - strongly, without a plethora of medical problems.

Comment

My hands swell up if I eat grains, or at least wheat. I had one wheat cheat and one accidental wheating and after each one I had a hard time getting my wedding ring off.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                        This is normal, and it's why you should not cheat. Humans are not designed to eat grains or sugar, point-blank and period.
                        Perhaps, but it's up to the individual and how strict they are. I think that 'cheating' can be actually be pretty healthy, as long as you're smart with it (healthy cheats made with PB friendly foods. i.e. cookies from Elana's Pantry. Not pizza and a Mars bar). Dark chocolate tastes good. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to enjoy it because of a little sugar. Think of all the potent anti-oxidants your getting instead. I'll probably get grilled for this post, but I think that there's no point being here if we're just trying to extend our lives whilst forgoing some of the sweetest, tastiest foods that are available*. That's no way to live.

*Tasty meat and veggies should make up at least 75% of a healthy diet.

Comment

Originally posted by randallfloyd View Post
                          Perhaps, but it's up to the individual and how strict they are. I think that 'cheating' can be actually be pretty healthy, as long as you're smart with it (healthy cheats made with PB friendly foods. i.e. cookies from Elana's Pantry. Not pizza and a Mars bar). Dark chocolate tastes good. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to enjoy it because of a little sugar. Think of all the potent anti-oxidants your getting instead. I'll probably get grilled for this post, but I think that there's no point being here if we're just trying to extend our lives whilst forgoing some of the sweetest, tastiest foods that are available*. That's no way to live.

*Tasty meat and veggies should make up at least 75% of a healthy diet.

I agree. I enjoy a bit of dark chocolate, a small amount of organic preserves now and then. I don't cheat with rice, corn, potatoes or any grains. People need to remember that everyone ended up here for different reasons. Some were relatively healthy but a lot of us have health issues that were limiting our ability to eat many SAD foods anyhow. If I cheated with grains or starches I would be so sick for a couple of days that I would barely be able to get out of bed.
                          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I definately pay. If ever I have pasta I have to lie down for an hour because my stomach plays up so bad I can't even stand up. I only drink water or milk now, but yesterday we got a couple of small bottles of tropicana on the doorstep, I had the smooth one and WOAH. Sugar rush!! Luckily I crashed around the same time I was planning on going to bed! xD
                            Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

its just that your body is not used to processed foods and has become accustomed to what it wants and needs. If you want to eat things that aren't as natural then you could wean your self on to it by having small snacks every now and then
                              Hey why not visit my blog at http://www.weightlossdonkey.com

'Read How I Lost 14 Pounds In 14 Days!'

Comment

Working...
                              X