Sleep: Walking Contradiction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCOHTom View Post
    In Lights Out that is the recommendation. She says to get to bed +/- 2 hours after sunset and sleep 'til dawn. In the winter months, that's a whole lot of sleep. In the summer, not so much. Underground Wellness---> Lights Out Sugar Sleep and Survival with T.S. Wiley 2/17/2011 - Sean Croxton | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio
    Yes, listening to this is actually what got me thinking about the topic. If it were only up to me, I would go to sleep a few hours after nightfall, but that's too big of an imposition on my spouse. Add to it responsibilities and it's nearly impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
      No, you are not the only one. I mean, i sleep pretty well i think, most of the time through the night. But i also have been dwelling on the sleep aspect. For me, going to bed at the same time every night and sleeping a full 8 hrs is quite boring and knocks the spontaneous out of life a bit. Sometimes i will stay up reading until 2 in the morning. i might sleep in but if i can't then it doesn't effect me. Sometimes it's bed at 10, up at 6/7 and so on.

We do live in an artificial society though(most of us anyway), and therefore out of synch with natural cycles. I think what counts most is what you do at night. I always feel better in the morning when i have not been on the computer or watched t.v the previous night.
      Yup, I totally agree. I am in this kind of in between space where I yearn to unplug more frequently, but find myself drawn to technology. Whether it's listening to podcasts, going online or watching tv, it seems harder and harder to unplug.

Comment

Yes, listening to this is actually what got me thinking about the topic. If it were only up to me, I would eat primally, but that's too big of an imposition on my spouse. Add to it the cost of grassfed meat and it's nearly impossible
        I'm just saying if you want to change your sleep cycles, you can do it. Your reasons for not doing it are just excuses like so many people have for not eating better as well. It will take some big adjustment, but you can do it if it's actually your goal.

Comment

Originally posted by iammysticyte View Post
          i live in the real world (with my fiancee,) so it is nearly impossible to adhere to a strict schedule seven days a week.
          so i am to assume that people who are able to adhere to a sleep schedule are somehow not in the real world?

Comment

Working...
          X