No announcement yet.

Decent Low-carb Beers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I hadn't mentioned it before...I realy LOVE real beer.

It's just... you know ;-)

Comment

" American beers, most of them, taste awful."

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA

Hey

The vast majority of my favorite beers are American

Anything and everything by Stone Brewery

Dogfish Head

Rogue Brewery

Brooklyn Brewery (not all, but definitely a lot)

Sixpoint Brewery

Don't hate

Comment

I'm thinking the reference was to American macrobrewed beer.

Some damn fine brewerys listed above.

Some times, it's not the end of earth of you ingest extra carbs or it's not exactly primal as the occasional treat.

As someone already said, I'd rather drink water then mic ultra or any macrobrewed beer for that matter.

Comment

I'm a fan of Sam Adams Light. Not sure of the carb content, though...

Check out my blog here.

Comment

Mamasofi, you do not look old enough to drink. Legally.

While I love porters, stout, ales, I can't say that I'm a beer lover. If I'm going to ingest alcohol, it will almost always be wine or hard stuff. I've had Beck's or a good Indy IPA sit in my little fridge for six or more months. Meanwhile, lots of rum passing through......

Comment

I also give my vote to Amstel Light and Corona Light.

Comment

It's pumkin ale season, and I'm not going to pass it up.

+1 on the Amstel Light

Comment

Budweiser Select is pretty good tailgating beer and very low carb. Amstel Light & Corona Light are also solid choices.

Comment

I miss beer

Like Katt, I'll splurge and have a good beer occasionally, rather than drinking a crappy beer just to have a beer.

Comment

I doubt any of these are low-carb but I say they're worth it!

http://www.ommegang.com/

Comment

[quote]

American beers, most of them, taste awful. </blockquote>

Sweeping statement?

I was thinking and maybe the best call for a beer lover is to have one or two proper beers and then stick to Michelob ultra or Amstel light for the rest of the night. Not ideal, but makes sense since after two strong beers the palate may become nonsensitive enough to tolerate the "lesser types".

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                        "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Serial...that&#39;s what I do, actually.

Comment

I&#39;m surprised no one mentioned MGD 64, as in Miller Genuine Draft.

It has only 2.5 carbs and 64 calories, and although it&#39;s very light it tasted pretty good. Good enough to kill that craving, I suppose. You can even have two...or three

Comment

LOL! Shazkar and SS... I stand corrected. I hate the major American beers. Coors. Bud. Michelob. Miller. The macrobrews.

The microbrews are mostly ok.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                              Current weight: 199
                              Goal: 145

Comment

All the macrobrews are no longer American-owned. Well, mostly.

Miller = South African-owned

Budweiser = Brazilian/Belgian-owned

Coors is heavily partnered with Canadian breweries.

The largest purely American brewer these days is ... Sam Adams.

Honestly, I refuse to consume the horrible crapola that is light beer . I just understand what&#39;s going on when I drink a delicious craft-brewed beer, and have wound up drinking them less often. Through trial and error, I know that one-a-day doesn&#39;t wind up ADDING any weight, but that I can&#39;t LOSE anything doing that.

If I sound snobbish on the beer front, well, that&#39;s because it&#39;s true: 15 years of brewing and tasting, plus spending time working in the craft beer industry kind of sets my vision in a certain way...

Comment

Working...
                                X