Red Robin Cobb Salad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Robin Cobb Salad

Hello... do you think this is okay to order at Red Robin??

Cobb Salad
    Crisp greens with tender chicken breast, hickory-smoked bacon, hard-boiled egg, avocado, black olives, ripe tomatoes and crumbled Bleu cheese. Served with your choice of dressing.

What kind of dressing would you order??

Just oil and vinegar on the side.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I hate eating out... this seems like the best option.

Comment

According to their site, it already has 40g of carbs (including 7g of sugar) before you even get to the dressing. I wonder where that's coming from.

Edit: I got it. On the site they say it comes with some bread. So that's easy to leave out. Brings you down to 15g of carb, still with the sugar. The Blue Cheese dressing doesn't add any starches but I'm sure it's chock full of frankenoils. It looks like a lot of the other dressings pack in some sugar, too. Olive oil and vinegar are definitely the healthiest bet. But then I wouldn't trust them to have non-rancid olive oil on hand.
        Last edited by DaisyEater; 03-06-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I think redrobin breads the chicken

And I am pretty sure they put croutons in there.
          MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Argh

Comment

I love cobb salad as the go-to dish when eating at corny restaurants. Just get oil-vinegar dressing and nix the bleu cheese dressing. (Then you're avoiding conventional dairy and dairy in general -- but most importantly avoiding the suspect nature of any chain restaurant dressing. Read: sugar.) I also like to nix the crumbled bleu cheese on top.

Its a pretty perfect meal.

That's lame about breaded chicken though. (Breaded meat always gets me.) You could get it without the chicken and ask for extra bacon, egg (and avocado, while you're at it).

Comment

I will ask if their chicken is breaded. Definitely going with the olive oil and balsamic. I am getting too stressed about eating out. I rarely do it, but am finding that I am almost starting to avoid social situations in fear of the food. That's not healthy.

Comment

RedRobin.com has a has feature called "The Customizer". It allows you to add, subtract, or substitute things to food found on the menu. It then shows the macronutrients for menu item considered.

Comment

I've eaten this salad for years and the chicken isn't breaded and the salad doesn't come with croutons. I suspect that most of the carbs are from the vegetables in the salad.

Comment

Red Robin is actually great about allergies - they have specific menu's for the most common allergies, and doesn't blink an eye when you order.

The website has the gluten-free menu, the rest you can get in-person. And the burgers aren't cooked in any oils, yay!

Comment

Most places you can substitute grilled chicken for breaded if you ask. Many times grilled chicken at chains is marinated in a lot of sugar.

I dont think the carbs can be all from veggies. I eat a TON of veggies a day and 40 would be a large amount especially since chains tend not to use things like red bell pepper in their salads. My experience with chain salads is they are usually a lot of lettuce and not a lot of veggie. Maybe RR is different (I havent had a RR salad for years because of an unfortunate bad experience)

I'm just shocked RR finally has their nutrition online. Even after the places passed nutrition disclosure laws they were a PITA about it in other locations.

MTA: aha! 25 of the 40 g are the garlic foccacia bread it comes with
                        MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Well... I had the cobb salad and I survived...lol. I had oil and vinegar (seemed light light olive oil, but could have been canola). I need to lighten up a little bit when it comes to eating out. The stress and anxiety over it isn't worth it, especially when it's so seldom. Thanks for the input!

Comment

That's the only thing i hate with the added oil, I doubt they're going to take the expense at giving my real olive oil.. so I just do vinegar and some salt! But yes, if you don't have allergies, don't freak out too much, it will take the fun out of life

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Tart View Post
                              I've eaten this salad for years and the chicken isn't breaded and the salad doesn't come with croutons. I suspect that most of the carbs are from the vegetables in the salad.
                              What ^ said. Chicken is not breaded. The few carbs left without the bread can easily come from the veggies in the salad. Plus, the salad is YUMMY!!!

Carrie

Comment

Working...
                              X