Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Height

Hey,

I was wondering what everyone thought about height increase after 20. I know it's possible and that some people have done it, but it is definitely not likely.

What do you think one would have to do to achieve this. I', currently building, doing yoga, and trying to eat as much meat/veggies as possible.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks!

If you want to still grow, try milk. Growth factors may work.

Comment

I think there's a lot to be said for "increased height" being down to better posture and decompression of the spine. That might get you half an inch??
      Otherwise, pass.

Comment

You don't need more height! You're perfect the way you are. Trust me.

Comment

Jump more. When I was young my friends and I would sometimes measure our height, then spend 30 seconds jumping around then measure again and we all would "gain" about an inch or two. Make jumping part of your life, it's probably got something to do with the decompressing of the spine thing somebody said before. Eventually that inch would go away but with constant/daily jumping there might be something to it. Hanging might also do it. Practicing handstands also helps with decompressing the spine (and building upper body musculature/strength)

I've always been really short but hit a decent growth spurt and now I'm average height for my race, I'm okay with that.

The key is to find a girl that is shorter than you
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by grokka View Post
            If you want to still grow, try milk. Growth factors may work.
            this

I am convinced this is how I am 6'3" with parents who are both average height. I drank a ton of milk during my teens.
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

You could go to China for their leg-lengthening surgery. Height is a BIG deal over there. Folks with the time and money have their legs broken and put ia traction devices. As the break heals, they lengthen the splint. You can gain an inch or two this way.

Gordo

Comment

if I can find a way to grow about 4' ....... I would no longer need to think about losing weight!

As a bookmark i once had said "i am not overweight, i am undertall". It was a gift. I didn't think to be offended at the time

Comment

My fiance went from 6'2" to 6'6" between age 18 and 22, I think. This was definitely in his genetics, but he also didn't limit any of the food he ate because he was pretty active at the time. If you still have growth left in you, just focus on eating plenty and being active, and you'll reach your potential. I think our family doctor told us that men usually aren't done growing until they are 22 or 23, so you may still have some growth in height coming.
                  Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
                  Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
                  More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
                  LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
                  Play more!

Comment

Apple is rght. Men will continue to grow abit up to age 22-24.
                    eat well. be healthy.
                    Julia
                    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                    Started Primal Mid January 2011
                    Current Weight 183
                    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

nice, appreciate the answers!

Doing primal to be healthy but it would also be good to gain an inch or too

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                        if I can find a way to grow about 4' ....... I would no longer need to think about losing weight!

As a bookmark i once had said "i am not overweight, i am undertall". It was a gift. I didn't think to be offended at the time
                        Ha... this is what I was thinking! I didn't think you could manipulate or try to grow taller... I thought it was just set in your genes.

Comment

My Mom is 5'3" my Dad is 5' 7" and I ended up at barely 5' 1"... my parents did not give me enough veggies growing up
                          Too late to hope for growth as I'm 29... guess I'll try that leg lengthening surgery lol.
                          Nina... primal mother to 6 cavelings.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyHippie View Post
                            My Mom is 5'3" my Dad is 5' 7" and I ended up at barely 5' 1"... my parents did not give me enough veggies growing up
                            Too late to hope for growth as I'm 29... guess I'll try that leg lengthening surgery lol.
                            I'm in the same boat... technically 5' 0.5" but I cheat and say i'm 5' 1" lol. I've learned to live with being petite though :P
                            My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Ultimately its going to boil down to your genetics. If your parents are a certain height you are going to be in that range as well. My dad was 5'11, my older brother was 5'11 and I knew it was inevitable that I was going to end up the same height which I did. When I was growing up I was in love with basketball and I wanted to play in the NBA. My mom had to break it to me that my height is most likely going to come from my dad and it broke my heart lol. I tried to stretch all the time and hang from pull-up bars but to no avail I still ended up the same height.

But, I do think if your parents are somewhat malnourished and you are well nourished you can get to be taller than them. My mom's side of the family is from the Phillippines and cow's milk is not readily found there and it is considered a luxury. So my uncle was about 5'6 and his wife is 4'11 full height growing up in the Phillippines. They raised their kids in America and their son is 6'2 and his daughter is 5'10 and we think its due to the fact that he was fed really nutritious foods growing up including lots of milk which their parents never had.
                              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                              X