No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Height

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang out with short people. I'm 5'8" which is a little below average, but my best friends are 6'5" and 6'8" so I feel like a stump.

Comment

Thought I had stopped growing around 18-19. Grew 3 extra cm in my early twenties.

Comment

If you want to be taller make sure to pick better parents next time around.

Comment

Find a taller partner, than your kid will be taller.
          My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

I'm only 5'3', I have no problem with my height, couldn't imagine being any other height.

Comment

Cough cough Growth hormones cough cough

Comment

There is some good evidence that shorter people live longer, so don't be quick to want more height: Impact of height and weight on life ... [Bull World Health Organ. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI I recommend that you just be who you are. Eat well so that you have the RIGHT height for your genes. Enjoy your height if you have that. Enjoy the potential additional lifespan if you don't.
                Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                  I don't mind being at a petite 5'4", but it's extremely annoying when I go shopping for clothes because I am really limited to the pants that I can buy. Since I have a shorter leg to torso ratio, a regular pair of pants is usually too long for me. On the other hand, it makes snatching at the gym a lot easier than for most
                  On the bright side, you can always have pants hemmed. If they're too short, there's nothing you can do. At 5'8", I'm just a little too tall for regular clothes. In trousers, it's pretty hard to find a regular length that fits. I can get away with a 33" length if I wear flats. Banana Republic regular length is that. Most trousers are 32" for regular and 34" for long (if they even make a long). 34" works with a low heel, but I do like wearing some 4" heels now and then. They make me 6' tall, which is pretty awesome!

Finding long tops is even harder! More companies are starting to make long sizes in jeans and trousers, but very few bother with tops. I have fairly broad shoulders and long monkey arms. I wear a lot of knits. I really envy men for the way their clothing is sized!

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                    On the bright side, you can always have pants hemmed. If they're too short, there's nothing you can do. At 5'8", I'm just a little too tall for regular clothes. In trousers, it's pretty hard to find a regular length that fits. I can get away with a 33" length if I wear flats. Banana Republic regular length is that. Most trousers are 32" for regular and 34" for long (if they even make a long). 34" works with a low heel, but I do like wearing some 4" heels now and then. They make me 6' tall, which is pretty awesome!

Finding long tops is even harder! More companies are starting to make long sizes in jeans and trousers, but very few bother with tops. I have fairly broad shoulders and long monkey arms. I wear a lot of knits. I really envy men for the way their clothing is sized!
                    I am 5'10" barefoot and carry most of that in my legs. Lecture me about the evils of Walmart all you want buy I buy my jeans there because they carry long sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                      I really envy men for the way their clothing is sized!
                      I can never find any shirt or pants that will fit comfortable and look like it actually fits. Most of the sizes are for people who are three certain builds and lengths. I don't think all males come under those categories. Though I don't like to shop or care about fashion. Just wish I looked normal in the clothes that I am wearing when I am doing a presentation.

Comment

I've no idea about the menfolk, but for the petite and tall ladies: Lands' End will custom sew, for free, your specified inseam *on certain pants (not all). The shortest length is usually 26" (although I have seen as low as 25", but rare). I rock the 26". At the other end of the spectrum, a quick check shows lengths up to 34", but they might have something longer available in certain styles that I've missed. www.landsend.com

Delia's also carries jeans (cute, flattering -- not "mom jeans") with inseams ranging from 26" up to 37". www.delias.com

ETA: A nice thing about LE is you can make returns to most Sears and not have to pay for shipping things back. Get on their mailing list as they do have 20% off PLUS free shipping (good!) offers from time-to-time--a sweet deal when you use this to buy items already marked down for sale or clearance. Also, if you go through the ebates.com portal, you can get 6% cash back.
                        Last edited by TigerLily; 11-22-2011, 02:23 AM.
                        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                          I've no idea about the menfolk, but for the petite and tall ladies: Lands' End will custom sew, for free, your specified inseam *on certain pants (not all). The shortest length is usually 26" (although I have seen as low as 25", but rare). I rock the 26". At the other end of the spectrum, a quick check shows lengths up to 34", but they might have something longer available in certain styles that I've missed. www.landsend.com

Delia's also carries jeans (cute, flattering -- not "mom jeans") with inseams ranging from 26" up to 37". www.delias.com

ETA: A nice thing about LE is you can make returns to most Sears and not have to pay for shipping things back. Get on their mailing list as they do have 20% off PLUS free shipping (good!) offers from time-to-time--a sweet deal when you use this to buy items already marked down for sale or clearance. Also, if you go through the ebates.com portal, you can get 6% cash back.
                          You are AWESOME. Thank you for the heads up
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post

You are AWESOME. Thank you for the heads up
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                            X