Cereals We Loved and Lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cereals We Loved and Lost

I'm pretty sure I ate some of these or others like it...

54 Cereals We Loved and Lost - A Tribute - Urlesque

You're on the DailyWhat! I just read that and barely got through it - it started to make me all crave-y. I miss a good bowl of cereal

Bacon is King, though

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

And here I was going to say Kashi and oatmeal ...

I don't know that I saw Christmas Crunch, one of the few sugary cereals I ever bought for my kids. I would put a box in their stockings.

Comment

there a few cereals i've loved and lost from my childhood. cocoa krispies, frosted shredded mini wheats, kix, and captain crunch. i also miss the canned ravioli and spaghetti o's. oh well, the experience never lives up to nostalgia.
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

What, no Pro Stars?

(or.... is that Canadiana?)

Comment

Ka-Boom!!! I remember that one! And Super Golden Crisp. I hated SGC. And SmurfBerry Crunch was a favorite of both my younger sisters. I preferred Cookie Crisp (still love it; miss it).
            Starting weight: 168 lbs
            Current weight: 168 lbs
            Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
            a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

Comment

The only ones I recognize even remotely are the Berry Berry Kix.

Comment

I grew up on another plant I guess, since mine were shredded wheat (no frosting), strawberry-filled shredded wheat, grape nuts, and most recently in my adult life - kashi go lean crunch (with the added bonus of kashi fed-painfully explosive gas all day).

Comment

i miss golden grams. i also liked corn pops. "gotta have 'ma pops!"... does anyone remember honey smacks? the name reminds me of drugs. poor kids eating drugs for breakfast.
                  yeah, bacon is totally better.

Comment

Never ate any of those. Growing up my parents would buy Cherios, Wheaties, Rice Krispies and occasionally Corn Pops, on edit sometimes had Honey Comb cereal. Raising my family, I bought about the same, although sometimes I would get Honey Bunches of Oats or something similar, but rarely "kid" cereals.

Comment

URKEL-O's?
                      WTF?!?!?!?!

aaahhhhhhahahahaha so many people probably bought those!

Comment

On the list, I recognize: rice krispy treats (I LOVED those), Dino Pebbles, Berry Berry Kix, Super Golden Crisp (Mom's cereal, e weren't allowed to eat it.)
                        The ones I remember and miss: chocolate pebbles, cinnamon toast crunch, honey nut cheerios, fruity pebbles, frosted mini wheats (straight out of the bag as a finger snack), Golden Smacks, and honey bunches of oats.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

This is tangential, but now I'm remembering how expensive a box of cereal is. WHY. Its chicken feed + HFCS.

Comment

I didn't really like cereal except for coco pops. My favourite brekkie growing up was poached eggs on toast with marmite.. mmmm

Comment

When I was a kid I used to sing the Freakies cereal song. I know...that's SAD.
                              ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X