No announcement yet.

Apple Cider & Hot Chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCKMB - getting back to you a little late on the cream/water question. I have to admit I go to taste, so not sure how much I mix in. 1/2 cream, 1/2 water sounds good...maybe slightly more water to start say 1/3 cream, 2/3 water. I'd play around w/ it & go w/ how it tastes. More fat/cream is never a problem

Comment

I saw a recipe in Sally Fallon's "Nourishing traditions" that uses just apples and whey and the cider is produced by the process of lacto-fermentation.

Comment

I ski a lot. Uh, like twice a week and hot chocolate is a huge thing when you go in for a break or for lunch, etc.

It is cheap if you buy a cup of hot water and bring your own packets of stuff to throw in there. I can bring my own sweetener and my own cocoa powder, but besides powdered milk (yuck) I don't know how to get some low carb, good hot chocolate with good fat instead of lactose and casein, etc.

The almond milk and dark chocolate sounds delicious, Mandy, but I don't know how I could heat that up at a ski resort (most of them do not have microwaves, stupid I know).

Ideas??

Comment

Oooh, I really want some now.

Comment

i ski a lot too and hike and snomobile up in lapland and hot chocolate is a treat i allow myself once in a while - i make it with 100% cocoa powder and raw milk + a dash of something stronger , but lately im more into mulled wine - just a couple of sticks of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, staranise, peppercorns and some kind of sweetener....

im just goint to the cottage tomorrow, my hb is already there and it was a snowstorm when he was driving up there... maybe not enough to ski on yet, but about 15 cm still on the ground

challenge yourself
            i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X