Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was so incendiary about my post on the blog about protein intake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was so incendiary about my post on the blog about protein intake?

I posted the below on the blog about protein intake but it's not up there. Are we not allowed to question anything? Have I committed Primal Heresy by asking a question on a matter I'm concerned about?

Here's what I wrote:

Iím eating Primal but Iím still worried. The link below does suggest more meat means more osteoporosis

Osteoporosis

how long ago did you post it? Sometimes it takes a while for it to show up. Sometimes mine don't show up until the next day.
    http://primalyak.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm going to make a suggestion that perhaps there was just a technical difficulty while posting?

There are always all kinds of comments, some completely inflammatory, trolls, etc on the blog and for the most part I've rarely seen any removed. Just my perspective, but you might want to not jump to the conclusion that your comment was not allowed, or removed-- and think perhaps it was just a technical issue?

I hope you don't take this as any kind of attack, I honestly don't mean it that way at all. Just trying to give some alternate ideas as to what may have happened. It's kind of like when you text someone and they don't text back and it turns out they didn't get it (which happened to me last week with my husband, BTW, so not uncommon as much as we'd like to think technology is perfect!)
      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Sometimes they fall in a black hole...nothing personal.

Comment

this is the most lightly moderated forum I've ever been on. probably no grand conspiracy to keep your question out of circulation. tech error, user error or some other glitch.
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

It might be that you're new to the forum and your post contains a link. I am fairly sure that links are moderated for new posters.

Comment

I've seen much worse than that...probably a glitch

Comment

Health Correlator: Does protein leach calcium from the bones? Yes, but only if it is plant protein

may make you feel better... i have osteoporosis too and i cant tell you how much more mobile i am than i was last year, the change is remarkable
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

did you post on mark's BLOG or on the forums here? because i think mark moderates comments on his blog.
                  sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Links need to be approved, I'm almost certain. Keep checking, it will probably show up. The comments are not moderated much at all on the blog (I've seen flaming and defamation of Mark, *to* Mark, in the comments--and they are not moderated.) I'm sure that's all it is. Repost if you feel it was lost.
                    My Before/After Pics
                    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

To answer the OP's original concern, the article has so many issues, it's hard to know where to begin. First, the term Bantu is very non-specific: looking at the Wikipedia page it could mean someone living in practically any region of Africa. Therefore you can't say that "Bantu women" eat a certain way. Second, when they move to cities, I guarantee that eating more meat is not the only dietary change. An increase in processed food intake is probably also seen, as well as a more sedentary lifestyle (this has a high association with lowered bone density).

From the Weston A Price Foundation:
                      Vegetarians will also typically claim that animal protein causes overly acidic conditions in the blood, resulting in calcium leaching from the bones and, hence, a greater tendency to form kidney stones. This opinion is false, however. Theoretically, the sulphur and phosphorous in meat can form an acid when placed in water, but that does not mean that is what happens in the body. Actually, meat contains complete proteins and vitamin D (if the skin and fat are eaten), both of which help maintain pH balance in the bloodstream. Furthermore, if one eats a diet that includes enough magnesium and vitamin B6, and restricts refined sugars, one has little to fear from kidney stones, whether one eats meat or not (36). Animal foods like beef, pork, fish, and lamb are good sources of magnesium and B6 as any food/nutrient table will show.
                      The "acid-ash" of meat is given as the reason high meat diets cause bone loss. But meats also supply phosphorus, which counteracts this acidity. Phosphorus is needed for the phosphate component of bone matter. Meats are also excellent sources of vitamin B12, which plays a recently discovered but little understood role in maintaining the integrity of the bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal_olivia View Post
                        I posted the below on the blog about protein intake but it's not up there. Are we not allowed to question anything? Have I committed Primal Heresy by asking a question on a matter I'm concerned about?

Here's what I wrote:

Iím eating Primal but Iím still worried. The link below does suggest more meat means more osteoporosis

Osteoporosis
                        I can see your comment. [1] It probably just didn't show up in the location you expected it to.

[1] Olivia's Comment

Comment

Yes - it's shown up now - I was being paranoid - but it did take hours.

Would be grateful if anyone has some insight into the osteoporosis article.

Comment

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
                            Links need to be approved, I'm almost certain. Keep checking, it will probably show up. The comments are not moderated much at all on the blog (I've seen flaming and defamation of Mark, *to* Mark, in the comments--and they are not moderated.) I'm sure that's all it is. Repost if you feel it was lost.
                            THAT's it. thank you.
                            sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Working...
                            X