Of Interest: Taubes & Dr Oz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Interest: Taubes & Dr Oz

Gary Taubes Treated Fairly In Radio Interview On ‘The Dr. Oz Show’ Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog

New York Times bestselling author of Good Calories Bad Calories Gary Taubes appearing on the popular syndicated daytime television program Dr. Oz Show coming up on March 7, 2011.

Now THAT should be fun.....

Comment

I can't wait to see the interview and what the future episodes on dietary recommendations are given.

Comment

This will be great, if past youtube clips are anything to go by. Is that the date of the taping or the date it will be aired?

Comment

Airing March 7th.

Comment

Tomorrow there is an intervention with a 700 lb woman. I wonder what the dietary advice will be.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/wednesday-dr-oz-show

Comment

thanks, don't think shows down here at same time so I will watch out for youtube version

Comment

Originally posted by O_O View Post
                Tomorrow there is an intervention with a 700 lb woman. I wonder what the dietary advice will be.
                whoa...

Comment

Whenever I see the morbid obesity clips or documentaries I wonder where was there doctor. Doesn't anyone try to intervene. It's very sad.

Comment

Just think how much more impact this would have had if Oprah and OZ were still together.
                    Do you thing she has it in her to try one more diet...um...er...life style? She would have
                    been a powerful influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithallenlaw View Post
                      Just think how much more impact this would have had if Oprah and OZ were still together.
                      Do you thing she has it in her to try one more diet...um...er...life style? She would have
                      been a powerful influence.
                      She's on her last lifestyle ever...vegan. So expect an article in O about a year from now about her new last lifestyle ever.
                      MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

I wonder if Dr. Oz has changed his stance at all... last I saw was a debate between the two on Larry King Live (check on YouTube) and Dr. Oz did not agree with him at all. I think it was from 2007. I sure hope that 4 years put some sense in Dr. Oz's head.

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                          I wonder if Dr. Oz has changed his stance at all... last I saw was a debate between the two on Larry King Live (check on YouTube) and Dr. Oz did not agree with him at all. I think it was from 2007. I sure hope that 4 years put some sense in Dr. Oz's head.
                          Yes, I seen that interview and this latest one was much an improvement on OZ's part.
                          He didn't interrupt as much. He seemed more curious as well.

Comment

Dr. Oz has no stance except to follow where the money's headed, and right now that's toward these paleo-type diets.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by O_O View Post
                              Whenever I see the morbid obesity clips or documentaries I wonder where was there doctor. Doesn't anyone try to intervene. It's very sad.
                              I'm sure people do try to intervene. Sometimes they don't know how to do it constructively. Sometimes they do everything they can and the obese person will still choose an unhealthy path. As for doctors in particular, many of the obese people I've known tend to avoid doctors because they hate getting lectured. Obese people usually know they're fat and usually know it's bad for them. Sure, plenty deny it in public, but I think most know deep down that being severely overweight is going to shorten their lives. You think a smoker never heard cigarettes were dangerous? A doctor can't lock you up in the basement and take away your Ho Hos or your pack of Marlboros.

Ultimately, people choose for themselves. I can try to put myself in the shoes of the morbidly obese, but I don't have a food addiction. It would be a no-brainer to me to stop eating so freakin much long before I got to that weight. However, that morbidly obese person doesn't deal with food in the same way I do. I can't really put myself in their shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X