Heavy cream in my coffee....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy cream in my coffee....

I am slowly working my way up through the deliciousness of full-fat dairy products. Just now for my after-lunch coffee I put a liberal blob of heavy cream in rather than the usual whole milk. Wow. Heavy cream elevates even the most humble coffee bean into something worthy of a high-priced coffee house. Gotta do this more often.

Have you ever tried coconut milk? That makes coffee yet another wonderful experience.

Comment

Heavy cream is my new best friend! The bonus for me is that I do not feel the need to use any sweetener with it! Coffee or tea + heavy cream = major YUM!
      My Journal

Comment

It's not traditional (and my Italian side just screams for tradition), but a cappuccino with steamed cream is quite lovely. Though at a good coffee house (unfortunately rare according to my standards) can make a standard cap sing.

Comment

At my grocery store I can either buy "ultra pasteurized heavy cream" or "pasteurized half and half"...do you think one particularly better or worse than the other? On topic, the intended use is a little splash in coffee.
          carl's cave

Comment

I haven't tried coconut milk yet - unfortunately I've trained myself to shop from a list strictly so if I neglect to add it to the list, I never remember to check the aisle. When this is posted I'm going to march into the kitchen and write it on the list so I don't forget yet again.
            I've had years of sugar in tea and coffee and it's only been recently that my palate has healed enough to actually realise the fact that milk and cream are quite sweet in and of themselves so I don't really need added sugar.
            Hmm...steamed cream in espresso....there's a lot of good coffee places here in Australia so I'm sure I could track something like that down!

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
              At my grocery store I can either buy "ultra pasteurized heavy cream" or "pasteurized half and half"...do you think one particularly better or worse than the other? On topic, the intended use is a little splash in coffee.
              I have read that you should try to stay away from the ultra pasteurized. I can only find non- ultra pasteurized heavy cream at some Whole Food sotres.

Comment

Carl, I can't answer as to which one is better from the primal sense...but ultra pastuerised whipping cream won't whip as well as regular pastuerised. That's my two cents. (I wrote two sense and somehow I like that better.) And this only matters if you want to use it as frosting.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                  Have you ever tried coconut milk? That makes coffee yet another wonderful experience.
                  I'm going to ask for this the next time I go into Starbucks and see what kind of reaction I get.

Comment

I like my coffee like my women...with a good tan. Heavy Cream is the best in coffee.
                    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

Heavy cream or coconut oil in both coffee and tea. Sometimes even butter.
                      I do need to try coconut milk sometime soon.

Comment

I was looking for some fat tonight and I put about 1/4 cup whipped cream in some decaf. Now that is darn good. I have not seen coconut cream.

Comment

Yes, both cream and coconut milk are good in coffee. And extra good together.

I once saw an add for Irish whiskey. The heading just said "Irish Coffee." But the picture was not of Irish coffee. It showed a mug of steaming black coffee next to a shot of whiskey. Sometimes that's how I like coffee and cream - a slug of straight cream followed by a cup of black coffee.
                          Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                            Good question... I currently drink organic ultra-pasteurized heavy cream. Any more thoughts on this question??

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                              Good question... I currently drink organic ultra-pasteurized heavy cream. Any more thoughts on this question??
                              Read the comments on the Organiv Valley web site Organic Valley - Organic Heavy Whipping Cream

Comment

Working...
                              X