Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody have a bout of diarrhea when starting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody have a bout of diarrhea when starting?

about 5 days in going primal everything is going swell and i wake up this moring and have diarrhea twice now my stomache feels quesy....could it be still getting used to the diet or totally unrelated. i never have diarrhea unless i have a stomach virus so this is my i feel alarmed a little.

Are you eating enough vegetables? Some people make the mistake of thinking that "primal = eat only meat"... Too much protein and not enough healthy carbs can cause diarrhea... Remember that nonstarchy veggies are at the base of the primal food pyramind, and should constitute the majority of what you eat.

Comment

Psyllium seed husks can bulk up the stool.

Comment

Are you cooking the meat right?

Comment

I haven't had those issues.

Comment

Taking fish oil?

Comment

I had that problem. I don't know what caused it but it passed. It felt like I was getting rid of years of sickness at the time.

Otherwise, overconsumption of fat, particularly, coconut can also have that effect.
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

This did happen to me, but it passed
                Kriskris.com

Comment

had the same thing.. it went away.

It almost seemed when I was shedding weight fast is when I had it.. could just be coincidence not sure. Now that I have stabilized and I am at my goal weight I notice it doesn't happen ever at all. For a few weeks though it was happening every other day or so.

Comment

It happened to my boyfriend. He freaked out and started eating grains again, figuring the diarrhea was his body's way of telling him that it was rejecting Primal. *sigh*

Comment

I only have this issue now when I eat something that isn't Primal. For example, one day I went to Panera Bread and ate the Broc Cheddar soup and barely made it home in time. I think it had something to do with whatever they thicken the soup with. So for me non primal usually means sitting on the pot. I could probably get away with eating a burger and fries, but not anything that has thickeners or chemicals. Is it possible that you are eating something that has hidden ingredients?

Comment

Both my hubby and I had the puddin' poo issue when starting primal eating, but it only took a couple weeks to get over.
                        For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had it. Lasted about a week. Part of the adaptation to a higher-fat diet.

Comment

Yes had this problem, as said it will pass (ha ha). Frequency was an issue for me for a few weeks, then back to normal in that department after sticking it out. It will get better

Comment

Originally posted by bighok View Post
                              about 5 days in going primal everything is going swell and i wake up this moring and have diarrhea twice now my stomache feels quesy....could it be still getting used to the diet or totally unrelated. i never have diarrhea unless i have a stomach virus so this is my i feel alarmed a little.
                              I am 5 days in and have had exactly the same symptoms as you. I am nauseous, shaky, queasy and have the runs too ! Not sure what's going on but it blows ('scuse the pun).

Comment

Working...
                              X