How much meat do you consume daily?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much meat do you consume daily?

I usually don't go over a pound a day. Would love to hear how much others eat.

Depends on the day. Some days, I eat very little of anything and my meat consumption is maybe an ounce or two. Other days, I could eat the hippo and wonder when dinner is. Most days, I come out somewhere between 3/4 lb and 1.5 lb.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Depends on the day. Some days, I eat very little of anything and my meat consumption is maybe an ounce or two. Other days, I could eat the hippo and wonder when dinner is. Most days, I come out somewhere between 3/4 lb and 1.5 lb.
      whilst I never have days where I eat very little - I DO have "hippo" days

I'd say my meat/fish consumption per day is between 1lb and 1.5lb - but I never weigh or measure anything so its an estimate

Comment

Likewise.
        Some days it's a few ounces, other days it's up to 1.5 lbs.
        I love meat. Steak. Bacon. Fish. Chicken. Bison. You name it.
        And I thank each and every animal that satiates that love for me =)
        "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

Yeah, about a pound. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Comment

Usually 2 pounds.

Comment

I aim for over a pound a day.

Comment

Wow! Big meat eaters! I manage about 1/2 a pound a day.
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

1/2 to 1 lb. a day for me usually...
                  For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Depends on how many eggs I eat that day. My protein averages out to about 55 grams per day, so I probably eat, on average, one egg plus 6 ounces of meat (usually beef) per day.

Comment

On a typical day I'll have 3 eggs and 10-12 ounces of meat.
                      The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

It's kind of hard for me to estimate...probably between 1-2 lbs, depending on the day, usually leaning more towards 1. I don't think a day passes where I eat less than a pound of meat. I love the world that I live in.

Comment

Depends on how many meals I eat it at. About 250g per meal, but I might have eggs or fish instead. I make sure I eat meat at least once a day though, I feel better if I do.
                          Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                          Harold Whitman

Comment

My target is 18 ounces raw weight, plus 4 eggs. I usually overshoot somewhat, though.

EDIT: That's animal flesh, so could be beef, pork, lamb, chicken, or fish (typically).
                            Last edited by AndreaReina; 02-25-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

i usually wager by how my belly feels and what i ate previously or yesterday. so it varies from like 1lb to 2lbs
                              Get on my Level
                              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X