Mary's Little Lamb Chop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary's Little Lamb Chop

Feast your eyes upon this medium-rare pan-fried lamb loin chop. OH YES.

Folks, I don't know what came over me. I was gnawing the meat off the little bone. Sucking the steak sauce off the freakin' plate.

I've done it! I'm only 3 days into my 30-day challenge, and I'm feeling confident. Is it just me, or is 90% of "going Primal" figuring out what the heck you're gonna eat?? For all you folks out there making the vegetarian transition, fear not. Keep trying different meats, cuts, and cooking methods until you rediscover your omnivorous self.
    Attached Files
    simplyprimal.blogspot.com

That's funny, I just finished a super delicious lamb shoulder with sauteed onions and steamed brussel sprouts for dinner. It's a night for lamb, I guess.

Comment

Lamb is my favorritteee meal now

From my blog:

"I think my favorite meal MIGHT be lamb. I love the slightly gamey taste. And I love having to pick it up with my hands and gnaw the meat off the bone. Screw decency."

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
      ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
      My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
      Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

Apparently I should try lamb sometime.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

The thing about lamb is to NEVER cook it past medium-rare... this is about 140 degrees internal temp after the resting period. Pick a good loin or rib cut and you'll never look back. It's an amazing meat. Can take just about any spice you throw at it, or none at all!

Comment

I love Lamb! So fatty and delicious! I buy two 16 ounce thick NZ Lamb Shoulder Arm Chops from my butcher every week. So thick, fatty, and delicious! I love sucking the bones, and eating the marrow! I cook my chops rare-medium rare. I tried the Lamb Loin Chops (expensive but worth it), and it is truly amazing! This is what being Primal is about!
            Last edited by Zed; 02-24-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I've never been able to get past that game-y taste of lamb... is it an acquired taste or should I just try different cooking methods? Bear in mind, I'd never tasted lamb until I was 21 so I'm not accustomed to it's flavour. I'd love to enjoy it more, especially given the suppliers of organic, pastured lamb around here.

Comment

If you do a crock pot slow cook technique on lamb shanks or a leg of lamb roast it takes the edge off the gamey-ness. But then I think gamey=yummy.
                I just had leg of lamb for dinner. Nommm.

Comment

I love lamb, usually get when I have Indian foods, but I cannot stand the sheep smell cooking it at home, makes me gag. And Im not squimish at ALL, I'll eat anything! But that smell just hits me.

Comment

Love lamb! Had a great lamb curry earlier in the week and just polished off a lamb leg chop, coated in "bread crumbs" made from ground cashews and chipotle seasoning, fried in butter and served on a mixed salad - yum!
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

And another thing... the lamb bones I bought last week made The Best Stock Ever. Way, way meatier and deeper in flavour than beef or venison. The stock's all gone (I tipped the lot into mutton stew) but I still have the leftover fat to cook with. Also really, really good.

Comment

I've never had even slightly gamey lamb! I think when you overcook it there's a weird smell, but lamb is mild in comparison to venison and bison meats.

Misabi, I'm stealing that idea from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Prime View Post
                          Misabi, I'm stealing that idea from you!
                          Go for your life :-)
                          I dipped the chops in a beaten egg before the nut/spice mix and fried the left over egg in the spicy butter and juices after cooking the meat as a garnish for the chops
                          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                          X