Oh Ye Lost Facebook Friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Ye Lost Facebook Friends

I did not want to risk responding to this post I saw this morning on my Facebook newsfeed by an old highschool friend......so I will share here . I am not about to clean out my facebook friends list based on their food choices (...yet), but it is tempting.

Highschool Friend:

"Thank god captain crunch is vegan, nut and wheat free!!!! Yummy!!"

Yes....thank god. I take it this is the franken-vegan approach.
    Erin
    Daily Vlogs
    Primal Pets Blog

Ew... captain crunch. BARF!

Even when I ate SAD, I couldn't stomach sugary breakfast cereals.

I bet people want to comment on my food posts too! lol
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

Captain Crunch looked nasty to me when I was a kid. I get lovely comments about some of my food postings on fb, especially from one of my sisters' who keeps lovingly reminding me that if I eat this, I will have a heart attack and die. Such love we have for one another.
      Georgette

Comment

I’m happy to have a chef-in-the-making friend who LOVES meat and is almost primal even if she doesn’t know it. She just posted a status update saying something like “butcher interview tomorrow! Hope I get it so I can slaughter things!” and I “liked” it and she just said “you would, I’ll save you bones!”

Love it when people “get it” without having to be told about it.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniquity View Post
          i’m happy to have a chef-in-the-making friend who loves meat and is almost primal even if she doesn’t know it. She just posted a status update saying something like “butcher interview tomorrow! Hope i get it so i can slaughter things!” and i “liked” it and she just said “you would, i’ll save you bones!”

love it when people “get it” without having to be told about it.
          sweet!!!
          The more I see the less I know for sure.
          -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
            Captain Crunch looked nasty to me when I was a kid. I get lovely comments about some of my food postings on fb, especially from one of my sisters' who keeps lovingly reminding me that if I eat this, I will have a heart attack and die. Such love we have for one another.

Did you respond with, "Well, you might be right, but don't worry, I'll visit your grave before I do so."?

Comment

A bunch of my FB friends formed a recipe group recently. When I joined the group, I asked if I could share the primal/paleo/low-carbish foods that I've been making for my family and got lots of responses like "oh yes, please, I'm trying to eat healthy."

Now a couple weeks in, I keep getting responses to my recipes like "oh that looks really good, but all that fat?! Really?!"

And most of the recipes submitted by my friends are for sweet baked things or sweet dinner things (like chicken cooked in a crockpot with like half a bottle of Kraft Catalina salad dressing (sugar sugar sugar! And terrible franken-fats) and a can of cranberry sauce too. More sugar! A have a number of stay-at-home mom friends and they make rich, sugary desserts for their families several times every week along with homemade cookies and treats to pack in their kids lunchboxes.

They had a thread the other day where they traded recipes for their bread machines. <sigh>

I shall remain the oddball, and proud of it! And I might have to de-select myself from the group.

Comment

iniQuity, I am JEALOUS! Hard to find good stock bones without paying an arm and a leg!

I remember eating captain crunch when I was younger....I have to admit, I liked the taste, but I hated how it left your mouth feeling shredded, lol.

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                Did you respond with, "Well, you might be right, but don't worry, I'll visit your grave before I do so."?
                No, I kept my trap shut.

The thing I don't understand about her....is she has an almost 2 yr old child that is still breastfeeding (yay), but apparently she is not that progressive on diet. Folks that go vegan to be 'healthier' and then eat things like breakfast cereal confound me.

I post on my own facebook wall articles, photos of food, recipes, and my own thoughts on food. But I try to keep my trap shut and not post on other folks walls my own opinions on food. I did start a good conversation with friends the other day on supplements and vit D....so I will take what I can get
                Erin
                Daily Vlogs
                Primal Pets Blog

Comment

FB is how I keep in touch with family in Australia, as well as here at home. My sister and BIL here - they are pB converts and doing well, we swapped recipes yesterday. My SIL and BIL in Oz, well, we eat so dramatically differently it is untrue. She "bleuurghed" one of my posts about what i was cooking!!! We had a very short post exchange where i said I was eating more this and that etc (the positive way of saying about PB to avoid all the "you cut out" things). She posted back that this was NOT for here, she would simply stick with "moderation" in everything. I refrained from asking "including rat poison" cos she's sweet. She bakes most days for her 2 boys so she "knows what goes into their treats" and cooks from scratch every day. Its so sad. All that effort and so little tweaking could reap such a major reward.

yesterday, she admitted the moderation things wasn't going well, too many cakes etc. Recent photos show the evidence.

I will stick with what I am doing, next time we visit maybe she will see I look really well etc and ask what i do and I can cook for them and show its not freakish?? BIL just lost 56lb+ in less that 6 months on CW + chronic cardio though, so probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post

yesterday, she admitted the moderation things wasn't going well, too many cakes etc. Recent photos show the evidence.

I will stick with what I am doing, next time we visit maybe she will see I look really well etc and ask what i do and I can cook for them and show its not freakish?? BIL just lost 56lb+ in less that 6 months on CW + chronic cardio though, so probably not.
                    Sometimes if I know someone is looking to eat healthier, but not willing to cut out 'carbs' yet....I will recommend the Nourishing Traditions cookbook. I stress things like bone broths, cutting back on sugar, and looking at more fermented or natural foods. Its not primal, but its a baby step and how I ended up here myself.
                    Erin
                    Daily Vlogs
                    Primal Pets Blog

Comment

I used to LOVE Captain Crunch straight from the box. I'd eat and eat until the roof of my mouth was scraped raw.

Comment

INGREDIENTS:
                        Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Coconut Oil, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Strawberry Juice Concentrate, Malic Acid, Maltodextrin, Modified Corn Starch, Niacinamide, Reduced Iron, Zinc Oxide, Yellow 5, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Thiamin Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, BHT (A Preservative), Riboflavin, Folic Acid

HEY ITS GOT COCONUT OIL IN IT ITS TOTALLY PRIMAL.

...that hurt to type.
                        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by Meadow View Post

The thing I don't understand about her....is she has an almost 2 yr old child that is still breastfeeding (yay), but apparently she is not that progressive on diet. Folks that go vegan to be 'healthier' and then eat things like breakfast cereal confound me.
                          Me too! Unfortunately my brother, his wife and their 3 kids are vegan, so I am constantly worrying about them. They do eat a pretty healthy vegan diet, but still a lot of tofu, soy milk and bread products. They don't look healthy at all (my brother looks skeletally thin, SILs skin is dry and wrinkling before her time and the girls teeth look semi transparent!), and I am just at a loss as to how they would come to such a strict diet without seeming to give it very much serious thought at all.

Sorry to highjack- I think I needed to vent a tad! Capt Crunch is seriously too sweet- eew.

Comment

I've given up trying to convert people to PB. Wait, on second thought, I will talk to people but only when they ask me directly about it and only when I know them well enough to know they are curious about answers and not looking for an argument.

What I really cant stand is when people try to goad you into cheating because of a special occasion or what not (i.e. valentines day)....and then make fun of you for doing it when they succeeded. I made this mistake a few weeks ago....never to be done again. And the worst part about it was....I had no compulsion to cheat! Im pretty rock solid and dont get carb cravings anymore (the cheating in question was chocolate& peanut butter fondue at a fondue restaurant) and would have had no problem not eating any of it. But I relented at the time and then heard about how I relented later. Oh I was pissed!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

And as a kid...I liked Frankenberry cereal A LOT! I cant imagine eating that or Captain Crunch as an adult and thinking I was getting a healthy breakfast....PB aside.
                            If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                            James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              I told her in polite way to "f*ck off". I also told her that out our parents 4 daughters, I have corrected my high bp without needing meds. The other 3 haven't done that yet. Not to brag or anything lol.
                              Georgette

Comment

Working...
                              X