Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have too much Olive oil?

just curious.

Im taking in about 4 tbsp of it a day as it is easy to use and I love the taste.

EVOO has about 1.3 grams of omega 6 and only about 100 omega 3. So I will be mindful of that and balance the omega 6:3 ratio with fish oil/seafood. On the other hand, EVOO is very good for you (high in monounsaturated fatty acids/antioxidants).
    Last edited by Zed; 02-21-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I'm Italian-American, and for us, 4T of olive oil is nothing:-) We consider it the best fat you can use! (I take fish oil and also eat a lot of fish.)

Comment

You can have too much in terms of calories, but 4 T is nothing to worry about.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Yes you could. Olive oil, although healthy, is a vegetable oil, which makes it highly susceptible to rancidity. It is also very high in Omega-6 and we all know Omega 6 is highly inflammatory. Personally, I would concentrate on getting most of your fats from saturated sources and having olive oil is small quantities.

Comment

Watching this video and reading the article they seem to give EVOO a bagging

Olive Oil is NOT Health Food but Sick Food - YouTube

http://www.thevegetariansite.com/health_oliveoil.htm

Comment

If it's real, fresh-pressed stuff, recently made you're fine. Odds are, what you think is olive oil is actually counterfeit. Most of it is. What brand are you using?
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                If it's real, fresh-pressed stuff, recently made you're fine. Odds are, what you think is olive oil is actually counterfeit. Most of it is. What brand are you using?
                Hmm La Espanola

Comment

Personally I don't think so... Unless of course you cook with it at high temperatures. If you cook it hotter than its smoke point, it turns rancid and into a bad fat.

Comment

No

Comment

If it's not constantly pushing you past your caloric intake goals, it's not a problem.
                      My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

Yes, you can have too much, if you're like me. Too much olive oil would send me running to the bathroom.

Comment

I've ditched the EVOO and been using organic EVCO, MCT oil and grassfed butter. I also take wild Alaskan salmon fish oil before I got bed.
                          Last edited by Paleo0731; 07-05-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X