Ezekiel 4:9 Bread, Primal or Not???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezekiel 4:9 Bread, Primal or Not???

The package on Ezekiel 4:9 Bread states: flourless, sprouted grains. So is this primal food?

Nope. Grains are not primal.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Sprouted grains are better because: 1) sprouting activates food enzymes; 2) sprouting increases vitamin content, and 3) sprouting neutralizes antinutrients like phytic acid which bind up minerals preventing your ability to fully absorb them....but in the end, they're still grains, and grains are not primal.
      $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Its easier to just give up bread all together, don't try to find substitutes. If you miss fluffy goodness make a almond pancake. Take 1/3 of a cup of almonds, grind em up in a blender, take an egg and a lil cinnamon and fry it on a pan.

They're alot more filling then bread too, and they're really good.

Comment

Using coconut flour or almond flour to make home-made bread is a good way to go, in terms of health. That way you're avoiding the gluten and the lectins......but most Primal/Paleo advocates recommend not trying to create franken-primal foods to mimic the foods that you've given up. That's your personal choice though. Hell, my wife has made brownies with Almond flour before, and they were incredible!! haha.

Comment

Thanks for the help as I am new Paleo and transitioning. I am a competitive athlete, how much should I worry about carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
              Thanks for the help as I am new Paleo and transitioning. I am a competitive athlete, how much should I worry about carbs?
              Get them from sweet potatoes, taro, yucca. Whole foods. If you don't have to lose weight you could eat around 150g a day

Comment

Everyone is different-- some people don't need as many carbs as others. As an athlete, you're probably fairly in tuned to how your body feels. If you're feeling like a zombie during practice, consider upping the carbs. You don't need to be "low carb" to be Primal--it's just a suggestion for those trying to lose weight.

Primal carbs are yummy though! Try some sweet potatoes, yams, white potatoes, sunchokes, squashes, carrots, parsnips, and fruit. Sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon are delicious. If you've have a hard training sesh, maybe try a banana with coconut water. Electrolyte bomb!

Comment

Not primal. But better than bread from non-sprouted grains. Just don't eat bread and get your carbs from sources listed above. It's not hard to "carb up" on primal foods if that's your goal. Also fruit, if you'd like (though some paleo folks are decidedly anti-fructose).

When transitioning and trying to make new eating habits, I found it was easier to just give up the old foods and find new ones. "paleo bread" and the like only strung me along, leaving me dissatisfied because nothing can really replace the texture gluten brings to the table in baked goods. IMO. http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2...igarettes.html
                  Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Unrelated to thread, with apologies, but I just have to say how much I'm loving kennelmom's avatar with the '40 MPH couch potato'. Greys rock!

Comment

If they make it according to the instructions in the Bible, it has human feces in it. See verse 12. Yuck.

Gordo

Comment

Mark seems to think an occasional slice of sprouted grain bread is okay. It may not be full-on primal, but he's the man, as far as I'm concerned. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/are-t...ny-good-carbs/
                        Everything I eat has been proved by some doctor or other to be a deadly poison, and everything I don't eat has been proved to be indispensable for life. But I go marching on. ~George Bernard Shaw

Starting Weight (1/3/2011): 189
                        Current Weight: 173

Goal: To be in the best shape ever by age 50! (5/11/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by Eva Lution View Post
                          Mark seems to think an occasional slice of sprouted grain bread is okay. It may not be full-on primal, but he's the man, as far as I'm concerned. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/are-t...ny-good-carbs/
                          It's ok to eat some non-primal stuff. We don't have to try to find a way to justify it. Work it into your life. Figure out if your body can handle it. Calling it "not full-on primal" when it's really not in the least primal opens the door to making stuff like that a more regular part of your diet. In my opinion it's healthier to just acknowledge that you're eating something that is outside what you know to be normal healthy food, enjoy it, and move on. I think Mark is pretty realistic about living in the non-primal world. There are going to be times where we deviate from primal eating. It's not going to ruin our health if we have some non-primal food every so often, depending on the individual and the food of course. Some non-primal foods are worse than others so I'm not surprised Mark regards a sprouted grain product as less harmful than regular old bread, but that doesn't make it even a little bit primal. Having some strategies for when you do go off the path makes the whole lifestyle more sustainable. Most of us will not be 100% primal all the time. I think the lack of zealotry makes primal living a lot more accessible and attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by LJH View Post
                            Unrelated to thread, with apologies, but I just have to say how much I'm loving kennelmom's avatar with the '40 MPH couch potato'. Greys rock!

Aw thanks! That's our girl Dash back when she was just small enough I could pick her up and hold her in my arms....I lubs my greyhounds!
                            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Working...
                            X