Anyone binge this weekend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone binge this weekend?

I'm not sure if mine would be considered a binge. I ate a lot but everything was primal except the 4 chicken cutlets I ate were breaded Did anyone go on a crazy binge? I know some of you have recently checked out "The 4 Hour Body". I haven' yet but I understand the concept of the weekly binge. I don't follow it I simply attended a family party.
    -Connoisseur Guy

I guess I sort of did. Didn't eat anything that wasn't primal, and didn't really eat much. But I did have 2 beers and 3 glasses of bourbon on Friday evening, and then 4 glasses of bourbon on Saturday night.
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Comment

Happily I've put the binge days behind me. I eat occasional extras but don't consider that a binge.

For me a binge was stuffing thousands of calories in my gob in a very short period of time. It was to the point of stomach pain and if I eat another bite it may come up. It was most sugary fatty junk with little protein.

Comment

Ugh, yes.

Started with dinner out with a friend on Friday, sushi (we split a few rolls). Saturday night my neighbor had a wine party, I probably had 2 glasses total, but I don't drink red wine so I had a glass of Riesling and a glass of Lambic (yes, I brought the "wine" that was beer, haha) but today was a massive fail. It was my sisters birthday and I took her out for pizza and well, 6 hours and 3 deep dish slices plus a slice of Costco cheesecake later? I'm on here because of the guilt I'm feeling (and not moving because I'm do disgustingly full right now I want to puke).

I have got to be better on the weekends!!! And saying I have a busy social life is no excuse. Life is going to happen, birthdays, happy hours, wine parties, all of that. I do great when I am eating at home, and I wish I could be one of those people that can go out and try IF or just order some veggies, but I really need to get away of the mentality of "if it's there, I'll eat it".

Comment

if it's there, I'll eat it
          Isn't that the seefood diet? See food and I eat it.

Comment

Completely binged! Ate anything I wanted and as much as I wanted. Then got incredibly sick. I figured if I got really sick from it it would put me off eating bad food again for a long time. Now my goal is 1yr grain, and sugar free. Binges happen. I think I read (just today) about taking 5-htp to help with binging. I might do that but really don't like taking a lot of supplements.
            Height: 5'2"
            Starting weight: 180lbs
            Current weight 130lbs

Comment

I wouldn't say I binged, but it was a social weekend (cooking with friends, parents visited, friend's birthday dinner, and drinking, which led to a late night diner run). Now I have a ton of leftovers and while it's not completely primal, I don't want to waste food so I'll be eating this stuff for the next few days (there is no wheat. and the rice/legume dishes are prepared traditionally).

I used to binge a lot, on sugar. I associate binging with something you do when your life is really in a rut. It's shameful and you would be embarrassed if anyone knew what you had just eaten. It's something that causes friction with your loved ones, and which you regret but can't seem to stop doing. I suppose the only part of my weekend that I would associate with binging is the milkshake I had at the diner, mainly because I shouldn't have spent money and because I was with skinny people who I felt like were judging my fat ass.

Your binge doesn't sound bad at all! It seems like you were conscious of your food choices and in control.
              Last edited by spakesneaker; 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reba627 View Post
                Ugh, yes.

Started with dinner out with a friend on Friday, sushi (we split a few rolls). Saturday night my neighbor had a wine party, I probably had 2 glasses total, but I don't drink red wine so I had a glass of Riesling and a glass of Lambic (yes, I brought the "wine" that was beer, haha) but today was a massive fail. It was my sisters birthday and I took her out for pizza and well, 6 hours and 3 deep dish slices plus a slice of Costco cheesecake later? I'm on here because of the guilt I'm feeling (and not moving because I'm do disgustingly full right now I want to puke).

I have got to be better on the weekends!!! And saying I have a busy social life is no excuse. Life is going to happen, birthdays, happy hours, wine parties, all of that. I do great when I am eating at home, and I wish I could be one of those people that can go out and try IF or just order some veggies, but I really need to get away of the mentality of "if it's there, I'll eat it".
                ugh, same. mine were mostly ice cream (though it was organic/natural as a half-ass justification), almond butter, and coconut flakes. too much. so i covered my almond butter in duck tape and hid the coconut flakes and chocolate. those puppies aren't seeing the light of day till at least march. I need to work on ending mindless eating. any tips?

p.s. for lent i'm working on self-control and discipline. hello challenge
                My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Yep.
                  Friday night at the neighbors house.
                  2/3 of a bottle of Finlandia vodka with orange.
                  5 slices of meat lovers pizza.
                  Sour cream and chili dip with rice crackers.
                  Three shots Butterscotch schnapps.
                  Two shots Chili infused schnapps.

Followed by a purge of sorts..

Comment

Not really a binge but a pig out. Went to a crabfeed last night at ate till I was about to bust. Picked the croutons out of salad and had plenty of butter to go with the crab.
                    http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ah... I had several binge episodes for many weekends in a row and even during the week.

But, I decided to do a whole30. Today is day 8 and I am happy to say I have not faltered.

If you want to cure your binge eating habits then do a whole30... now! Don't wait!!
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Definitely ate way more today than I needed to eat. It was all "on plan" but it was far more than strictly necessary to satisfy me.
                        "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                          Ah... I had several binge episodes for many weekends in a row and even during the week.

But, I decided to do a whole30. Today is day 8 and I am happy to say I have not faltered.

If you want to cure your binge eating habits then do a whole30... now! Don't wait!!
                          Well you've convinced me lol, especially since I can be a binging beast given the temptation. How do I get on this?
                          My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by climbergirl View Post
                            Well you've convinced me lol, especially since I can be a binging beast given the temptation. How do I get on this?
                            Go here for the whole30 specific guidelines: http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

I am also blogging about it on my blog. My week 1 update got published today: http://www.primaltoad.com/30-day-pal...llenge-1-week/

And my own strict rules: http://www.primaltoad.com/primal-30-...lenge-outline/

I am considering adding in certain foods that I said I was avoiding such as almond butter, grass-fed butter, 90-99% dark chocolate (I got 2 bars for valentines day from my dear mother... am I really going to wait a month to eat them?!), etc. But I have not decided yet and thus will probably go at least 1 more week strict paleo without even any white potatoes.

Meat, Veggies, Fruits, Eggs, Macadamia Nuts and LOTS of coconut! Simple diet They key is preparation!
                            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Does eating a apple, a orange, and a banana count as a binge (not at the same time of course!)? That is what I had today! LOL!

I would consider the following a "binge" though. It was my grandmother's birthday yesterday, so I did ate a small piece of her birthday cake (chocolate raspberry cake).

So yea, my carb/sugar consumption went up this weekend, but not a big deal. Tomorrow I will be back to 100% primal. Got me a nice 16 ounce thick cut New Zealand Lamb Shoulder Arm Chop in the fringe waiting for me for breakfast! LOL!
                              Last edited by Zed; 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X