X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping nuts and dairy for weight loss

Those of you who have successfully dropped nuts and dairy for weight loss:

- did you also drop coconut products? Nuts, milk, flour
    - did you also drop heavy cream for coffee?

1) yes (but not oil)
    2) no.

Comment

('dropping nuts for weight loss' made me laugh)
      Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
      ~Borges

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
        Those of you who have successfully dropped nuts and dairy for weight loss:

- did you also drop coconut products? Nuts, milk, flour
        - did you also drop heavy cream for coffee?
        No coconut flour, milk, or cream.
        Use coconut oil and coconut milk.
        While Im trying to lose weight all of the above are cheat foods for me. Seems to be working. I also notice that if I cut those things out and I dont eat perfect 1 day it doesnt effect me as much.

Comment

I did W30, dropped sugar (no more chocolate treats), dairy (used coco milk for coffee instead, cooked with lard or duck fat instead of butter), and alcohol (no more red wine). I don't touch grains or legumes anyway. Broke right thru my stall and got to my goal weight (around seven pounds) in three weeks.

Comment

My diet is pretty simple at this point and it's working. Lots of steak, pork and lamb, some chicken. Rotate in potatoes here and there on a workout day. Coconuts are great. Green veggies. I would eat nuts but I don't really have the urge to snack. I might eat a piece of cheese here and there but it's not too often. I don't use cream in my coffee... I use butter instead, but normally drink it black. I stalled at the beginning of the month and now it's falling off. Literally...

Alcohol is my vice, which I've tried to limit to Fridays and Saturdays. I only drink high end spirits with no mixer or club soda.

My best advice is to start super strict. Eventually you won't crave anything at all. You'll eat because you're hungry. It's not hard for me to stay strict at this point because the cravings are just gone.

Comment

can afford coconut porducts so i dont use them, but i would if i could! nuts....dont have access to many except what walmart sells

DAIRY= easiest way known to man to up calories but for thosae wishing to lose, it without a doubt spikes my BS, my temples beat and beat after i eat it
              Get on my Level
              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

1) Yes except coconut oil for cooking
                2) I don't drink coffee

I still eat nuts in reasonable amounts once in a while.
                Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
                Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
                No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
                Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

Originally posted by say_rahhh View Post
                  ('dropping nuts for weight loss' made me laugh)
                  Reminds me of that old joke about the homely girl who lost 20 pounds of ugly fat...she cut off her head !

Comment

That darn chocolate gets me every time or should I say everyday. I buy 85% but I still can eat 1/2 the bar. Maybe Im just pms'ing

Comment

I dropped nuts and dairy, but not coconut products (I don't use a whole lot other than oil and milk, and even that isn't a ton.) I kept grassfed butter.

Didn't see any difference in weight, etc. but noticed some subtle changes in how I feel. Enough to keep dairy and nuts as "condiments" rather than a huge portion of my daily intake as it used to be. I'm not sure why I didn't see the dramatic effects that others are seeing. I was hoping it was the "thing" I needed to drop about 10lbs of fat, but no such luck. Just one of those things, I guess

Oh, and I drink my coffee black. I think the little bit of cream in coffee wouldn't be a big deal unless you're super sensitive to dairy, in which case, you'll probably see the dramatic results and not miss it one bit!!

Comment

I was hoping to be able to keep coconut flour and coconut milk. I have 10 more lbs to lose and am stalled.

Comment

I hit a plateau for a month or two so I stopped all snacking which meant I cut way down on nuts, chocolate, wine and left in limited dairy (a little yogurt here and there, some butter, and cream every day in my coffee). I dropped a half inch off my waist in just a few days. I try to go 5 or 6 hours at least between meals. This is supposed to help your leptin levels get straightened out. It works like a charm for me and I still get to have some fun with a few nuts in a meal and a little piece of chocolate at the end of my meal if I really want it.
                          True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                          The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                            I was hoping to be able to keep coconut flour and coconut milk. I have 10 more lbs to lose and am stalled.
                            I cut out all coconut products except minimal cooking oil for the "home stretch" and all dairy and all nuts. Dairy just makes me bloaty. It's not something that bad but once it's gone and I tried to re-introduce dairy back in, I really noticed.

Comment

Nuts and nut butters stalled my progress. (can't chew coconut cuz of braces so can't add them to list)
                              Milk (even raw) stalled progress trying to go from normal weight to ideal weight).

Cutting out both made me reach my goal.
                              My ideal weight female, height 175cm = 63kg (138 american lbs or 126 european pounds). I am currently right on it...perhaps a bit on the low side of 135american lbs (61-62kg).
                              Need to lift some heavy things and gain some muscle.

Comment

Working...
                              X