"school" food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "school" food

So I am an English teacher. I teach English as a forieng language to little Korean boys and girls. In addition to working at a Korean public school. I work at a English center that was openned by the government as an alternitive to overly priced private schools.

Every day we give the kids a snack. Today we gave them bread with white cream filling and a clementine. Usually we give them a juice, soda, or chocolate milk (over 20g of sugar usually) also. I am slowly killing these kids. Everyday twice a day, I give these overly processed sugar and wheat packed poisons. I feel really reeeaaalllly bad.
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

Find some data on performance in school vs. Diet and see if you can convice admin to switch to protein snacks. Hard boiled eggs, cheese, nuts...If I recall test scores improved as did discipline in one Georgia school that revamped the menu. And that was without going primal, just getting rid of conventional junk.

Comment

Yeah, I tried mentioning it before and really no one seemed to care. I took one of their drinks that had a grand total of 32g of sugar in it. It was a 6oz drink and showed them. They really didn't care. And kids can't make those choices for themselves. We aren't even giving them a healthy alternative. Just the worst of the worst junk food.
      Height: 5'2"
      Starting weight: 180lbs
      Current weight 130lbs

Comment

I hear ya, Nix. I work at the front counter of the YMCA, and it just kills me when the kids come out of the gym and hand me money for a soda pop or a chocolate soy milk.

Comment

You tried, you planted one little seed...maybe it will one day grow.

Comment

Working...
          X