Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about what i can and cant.............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about what i can and cant.............

Eat

i am deianatly going to go primal no doubts about that. But there is a lot of info on here and so far its confusing the hell out of me. not sure were to start with sorting a new helaytheyer eating plan out. i already ude the gym first thing in the morning before work and i love how i am feeling form it.

any help would be great guys i am totaly new to all of this.
    MY BLOG

I'd recommend reading the book.

There's also a ton of paleo blogs that contain a wealth of free information.

Lots of free info there: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
    Kriskris.com

Comment

i am gonna buy the book with any luck pay day. for sure. just wanna get started. took my before pics this morning after the gym.
      MY BLOG

Comment

Easy start till the book arrives: stop all grains and sugars. Eat more animal fat.
        Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
        Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

what about new potatoes.
          MY BLOG

Comment

Potatoes are out if you're going to be strict. A lot of people still eat sweet potatoes though. All depends on how strict you want to be. Use the link Krassi posted. If you're confused, read up.

Comment

cheers jack its just alot of infop to take in. think once get the book i can read up better.
              MY BLOG

Comment

Potatoes? Eat some, if you like, but not a lot. Sweet potatoes are better. (I think that's the 'official' position.)

I think this is a decent summary:

Eat lots and lots of vegetables, meat and fish
                Eat some dairy, fruit & nuts (unless you don't want to)
                Don't eat sugar, grains, processed yellow vegetable oils, legumes, or anything made with them. If you replace rice, bread and pasta with vegetables, stop eating stuff out of packets, and fry in coconut oil, ghee or solid animal fats, you're pretty much done.

Comment

Here is a quick start guide from Robb Wolf and the Paleo Solution website.

http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/up...QuickStart.pdf
                  "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Try this helpful thread started by Griff:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Version

Comment

Originally posted by UkBfG View Post
                      what about new potatoes.
                      I'd avoid all potatoes, regardless of age (with the possible exception of sweet potatoes)
                      Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Comment

cheers guys its startuing to make a bit of sense. i use the gym every morning before work for an hour. i get up at 6 and in the gym for 6.30 so my next question i suppose would be what should i eat/drink before i goto the gym.

and sorry guiys i know alot of this has prob been covered in other threads, but as i said there is a lot to look thro.

once again cheers for the help so far

geordie
                        MY BLOG

Comment

Since you are working out in the morning it is a good chance for you to work out in a fasted state. A lot of people have found good results that way. If I work out first thing in the morning I will normally only have water. After my workout I will have some sort of smoothie depending on how hard and strenous my workout was. Usually it is some berries, coconut milk and ice. Other times I will have a whey shake with coconut milk and a banana. There is no set menu on what you should and shouldn't have.
                          "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Easy... if you can find it, gather it, or hunt it, it's food. If not, it's not.

YES

- Meat, fish, chicken (eat liberally, don't worry about fat, try and get grass fed free range organic)
                            - Vegetables (eat liberally)
                            - Potatoes (which you might want to limit if weight loss is the goal)
                            - Fruit (which you might want to limit for weight loss)
                            - Anything else you could find in nature without having to do something to do it in order to consume it (mushrooms, coconuts, whatever)
                            - Rice (limit for weight loss, and if you eat it, make it wild rice. I don't eat rice).
                            - Nuts (limit for weight loss)

NO

- Pasta, bread, sugar, pop-tarts, soda, cookies, cakes, etc. You have to process these things in order to eat them. There are no pasta, oatmeal, or poptart trees in nature. Anything with gluten or sugar in it is bad.
                            - Legumes (beans and peanuts).

GRAY

- Dairy (limit for weight loss. If you do eat it, eat the high fat stuff -- not the processed crap. A good cheese is not the same as cheezwiz)
                            - Wine / alcohol (limit for weight loss)

Add:

+ Sun or Vitamin D
                            + Multi-vitamin
                            + Exercise that sometimes consists of heavy lifting, sprints, and walking around a lot (I do a standing desk). Don't overdo this.
                            + I use creatine

That's how it works, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Balance View Post
                              Since you are working out in the morning it is a good chance for you to work out in a fasted state. A lot of people have found good results that way. If I work out first thing in the morning I will normally only have water. After my workout I will have some sort of smoothie depending on how hard and strenous my workout was. Usually it is some berries, coconut milk and ice. Other times I will have a whey shake with coconut milk and a banana. There is no set menu on what you should and shouldn't have.
                              cheers dude thats put my mind at ease as it was worrying me alittle. some one said a protien shake once i finsih. or chicked/eggs.
                              MY BLOG

Comment

Working...
                              X