Carb cravings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb cravings

While most of the time I`m not affected last night I had some intense carb cravings!! What do you guys do when this happens?
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Eat something else, mostly.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
      Eat something else, mostly.
      So I shouldn`t just fight it and eat nothing....I should eat but not refined carbs right? And don`t say keep them out
      of your house;unfortunately I live with people who eat a SAD so that`s not an option really.

Comment

Some people recommend eat something with fat in it. I stupidly ate 2 pieces of candy last night ( it didn't even taste good, some chocolate with a Bailey's filling) that someone had given me and then felt sick for the next 3 hours, with a pounding heart and yuck feeling. I've only been primal for 4 weeks, it was not good.

Comment

Originally posted by pattyd View Post
          So I shouldn`t just fight it and eat nothing....I should eat but not refined carbs right? And don`t say keep them out
          of your house;unfortunately I live with people who eat a SAD so that`s not an option really.
          Yeah, if you’re actually physically hungry (and if you’re having cravings it can go either way, a lot of it is mental) think of something else you enjoy that obviously isn’t refined carbs and eat that instead. I don’t really get cravings anymore, but when I did my go-to was always eggs, or bacon, or both. I can eat bacon and eggs at any time I think… once I got over the fear of fat and cholesterol it was all good.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

And don`t say keep them out of your house;unfortunately I live with people who eat a SAD so that`s not an option really.

When I say "keep them out of the house" I am refering to people who eat SAD (kidding!)

I second what iniQuity said. Bacon is my food of choice. Even cooking bacon, the smell etc, takes my mind off other things.

Comment

hmmm. Carb cravings. BUT do you mean ANY carbs - like a sweet potato or some root veg - OR do you mean sugary/starchy goodies like chocolate and cake or pizza or something??

If its the first - smack it with some fat and protein. Couple of eggs in coconut oil, bacon, etc etc.

If its the second - thats not real hunger and you need to distract yourself and get away from it. I guess eating something else MIGHT work, but for me in those circumstances the craving still itches even after stuffing myself with other things. Plus, these days, when its a craving I cannot think of a single "good" thing i could bear to eat (cos guess what, I''m not hungry!)

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                When I say "keep them out of the house" I am refering to people who eat SAD (kidding!)

I second what iniQuity said. Bacon is my food of choice. Even cooking bacon, the smell etc, takes my mind off other things.
                LMBO!! Sometimes I wish I could kick them all out!! But I`d probably get arrested for child neglect lol and husband abuse.....and mother in law abuse

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                  hmmm. Carb cravings. BUT do you mean ANY carbs - like a sweet potato or some root veg - OR do you mean sugary/starchy goodies like chocolate and cake or pizza or something??

If its the first - smack it with some fat and protein. Couple of eggs in coconut oil, bacon, etc etc.

If its the second - thats not real hunger and you need to distract yourself and get away from it. I guess eating something else MIGHT work, but for me in those circumstances the craving still itches even after stuffing myself with other things. Plus, these days, when its a craving I cannot think of a single "good" thing i could bear to eat (cos guess what, I''m not hungry!)
                  Things like pretzels and chips and crunchy packaged crap like that.

Comment

and mother in law abuse
                    I am not sure there is a jury in America that would convict you of that. I actually bought a snake because my exMIL stated that if I got one she would never come to visit. She lied and came anyway. Good pet though..the snake, not the MIL >.>

Comment

Eat some fat and protein.

Comment

Bacon or cheese are my go-tos
                        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

If it's a TOM thing, I chow on some dark-dark chocolate. Any other time, I also try go eat something fatty.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            I am not sure there is a jury in America that would convict you of that. I actually bought a snake because my exMIL stated that if I got one she would never come to visit. She lied and came anyway. Good pet though..the snake, not the MIL >.>
                            LMBO! well on the upside she`s your EXmil .... mine`s not bad, we get along really well and if it wasn`t for her we wouldn`t have been able to move to Reno ....just not someone I want to model my health after :-)

Comment

I find that if I get an intense carb craving it's not because my body wants junk food, but because it actually wants carbs. It took a long time to figure that out for myself. I used to eat bacon, nuts, or snack on some crumbly white cheese if I felt these cravings but it never really solved the problem 100%. I actually posted a couple threads about carbs a few months ago as I was trying to figure out ways for me to personally address these cravings.

What I came up with was that when these desires for carbs hit me: I eat some carbs. Sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, a banana, etc. and etc.

This has a few things to think about though:
                              1. Are you craving carbs just because you want them?
                              2. Are you reasonably healthy and intune with your body? Maybe you are getting some valid signals then and should try to introduce one of the sources listed above.

Again, this is a personal thing so your mileage may vary, it really just depends on your physical and mental state and only you can determine what they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X