Robb Wolf Podcasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robb Wolf Podcasts

Has anyone listened to the Robb Wolf podcasts? I just discovered them today and his website. He covers a lot of the questions I see posted on this forum. I know he is a bit more strict than primal but for people really not seeing progress or really wanting to lean out he has some great advice. Just sharing if anyone is interested and it's free. Im going to download his podcasts to listen to on my long walks.

Been there since episode 1. It's an amazing resource. Science based but easily accessible even for lay people, interlaced with good humor. Almost the perfect podcast except for the crappy sound quality.

Comment

I did for a while then stopped...I wish they had transcripts, don't love podcasts since I can read faster than they talk...

Comment

I found him last week and have only heard a few so far. I have enjoyed what I have heard so far.
        My paleo food photos

Comment

Yes, I listen. Another really good one is Underground Wellness. Art DeVany was the guest last week.
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

...I wish they had transcripts, don't love podcasts since I can read faster than they talk...
            I seem to recall from some of the podcasts towards the end of last year that they were thinking about providing transcripts but these haven't appeared yet

Comment

I <3 Robb and Andy!! Their podcast keeps me company on my way to and from Whole Foods every week.
              Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Has anyone else read Robb's book(The Paleolithic Diet)? I did and found him very enlightening. He has the same education and background as I do....so we tend to look at the world the same way.In fact, technically speaking, I guess I would be a "Paleo" person... as that is the lifestyle I adopted originally. Are there differences between "Primal" and "Paleo"????
                If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

I have listened to about 20 of RW's podcasts so far -- I like him. He's what got me into Crossfit - frankly I think it's impossible to listen to his podcasts (especially starting at episode 1) and not just want to go start Crossfitting! I'm sure things have changed since last summer though ;P

If you like Robb Wolfs podcasts then you will LOVE the podcast entitled "This Week In Paleo" - it is very well produced and very very entertaining, informative. In fact it is a much better podcast than Robb Wolf's imo just for the sake that it cites sources and also has a website with tons of interesting links to the things that are discussed on the pod cast.
                  ad astra per aspera

Comment

Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
                    Has anyone else read Robb's book(The Paleolithic Diet)? I did and found him very enlightening. He has the same education and background as I do....so we tend to look at the world the same way.In fact, technically speaking, I guess I would be a "Paleo" person... as that is the lifestyle I adopted originally. Are there differences between "Primal" and "Paleo"????
                    Yes I have read it and appreciate Robbs scientific basis. As to differences vs. Primal, I believe Robb is more conservative on fat overall and saturated fat, he is also less supportive of dairy.

Comment

@adrianag...thanks for the info. I have tried to model Robbs approach in my lifestyle. Back before Paleo, I was always someone who LOVED dairy. Cheese was a main staple for me. Since going Paleo....I still have my days where I eat some cheese (Sorry! it looks SO good! EVERYTHING is better with cheese!). But I have now made it more of a condiment than a main staple. It seems to be working for me so far....
                      If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                      James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                        Yes, I listen. Another really good one is Underground Wellness. Art DeVany was the guest last week.
                        I'm looking forward to both Nora and the Lights Out author.

Here's another:
                        http://mylowcarbjourney.com/category/podcast/

And from the Healthy Skeptic:
                        http://thehealthyskeptic.org/category/podcasts (low-keyed, highly informative)
                        Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

...6 listeners can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by CowQ View Post
                            ...6 listeners can't be wrong!
                            :-)
                            Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Love the Paleo Solution Podcast. I also love listening to http://www.latestinpaleo.com/ and http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/02/14/...alk-episode-6/
                              Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Working...
                              X