Coca-Cola's 'secret ingredient revealed'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca-Cola's 'secret ingredient revealed'

For those of you who missed this: http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food-d...ifestyles.html
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

The only secret ingredient that matters in my coke is Bourbon...

Comment

I dont get it -- if only two people in the world know the recipe how do they make it??

Comment

Originally posted by amberlee View Post
        I dont get it -- if only two people in the world know the recipe how do they make it??
        Ahhh, one ingredient is the top secret 7x, which are basically the flavorings. These are pre-mixed by one of the authorized people. Then 7x is mixed in with the rest of the ingredients in the production line.

According to the Atlanta Journal this might have been a precursor formula because it contained alcohol and cocaine extract, neither of which are used today.

Comment

Who cares? Coke is gross.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I care about century long secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
              Who cares? Coke is gross.
              I most wholeheartedly agree. Blech. I've never understood the appeal of cola/soda/pop. It's always tasted so awful to me, and bizzare, and not thirst quenching at all.

That being said, secrets are fun!!!
              The more I see the less I know for sure.
              -John Lennon

Comment

Well now that you put it that way.......
                My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

It's more likely a marketing tactic. Make people think it's a secret and they buy into it. I'm sure the recipe isn't know by the whole company, but I'm guessing that more than two people know it!

Comment

I like the idea that only two people know it and they can't be on the same aircraft just in case - - just like president and vice president lol -- coke is gone forever.

i wonder which would be more crushing to society -- to lose your president and vice president or there being no more coke

Comment

Coca Cola - a very interesting product and one legendary marketer. Few companies have been as shrewd and pervasive over the years. for example They popularized the red and white jolly Santa we know.
                      My favorite Coke slogan is 1886 "Coca-Cola Delicious, Refreshing, Exhilarating" No doubt it was exhilarating when they were using cocaine as an additive.
                      Nonetheless - coke was one of the first things binned on my quest to eat better. - I haven't drunk the stuff for years.
                      Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Comment

I sent Coke an email with the link and recipe asking for their official comment.

Comment

I use to drink so much Coke Classic The Real Thing I must own some shares. Now I own shares in the tap water. LOL

Comment

It's completely different now than it was a century ago. And I don't care what anyone says it tasted better with cane sugar and in small glass bottles both of which can't be had in the US.

The secret is is that there is no secret.
                            Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I totally agree. Why is the US so high fructose corn syrup happy? Fortunately it isn't used near as much in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X