Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legumes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legumes?

    Hey all, a newbie here, 7 days in. I have been reading as much as I can on the site, and I'm confused about legumes. In some articles Mark says thay are a no-no, in others he seems to say they are ok in moderation. Which is it? I have always enjoyed lentils, and have always thought that veggies and hummus was a great and healthy snack (sometimes I even use hummus as a "dressing" on salads).

    Thanks.

  • #2
    It's best to cut legumes out because of the Lectins in them. They can stimulate digestive and auto-immune issues. Green-beans are kind of a grey area, and most primal/paleo practitioners say they are ok, because they are more "pod" than "bean".

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gmartin View Post
      Hey all, a newbie here, 7 days in. I have been reading as much as I can on the site, and I'm confused about legumes. In some articles Mark says thay are a no-no, in others he seems to say they are ok in moderation. Which is it? I have always enjoyed lentils, and have always thought that veggies and hummus was a great and healthy snack (sometimes I even use hummus as a "dressing" on salads).

      Thanks.
      The ones where he says it's okay are before he developed the Primal Blueprint. If the date is more than 2.5 years ago, it's probably from when Mark was still thinking CW was the right way - ignore those posts. Stick with what he's written since mid-2008 and later.
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

      Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


      Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

      My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

      Comment


      • #4
        If it can't be eaten raw, don't eat it.
        For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by supersellen View Post
          If it can't be eaten raw, don't eat it.
          Does that mean peas are back on the menu? I miss them.
          --Trish (Bork)
          TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
          http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
          FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Just eat legumes. the aforementioned problems only occur if they are the ONLY part of your diet, but if you actually eat them with some veggies and meat alongside you'll 95% chance be alright. If you happen to be one of the 5% negatively affected by legumes then cut them out.\

            Stop reading this site and go to PubMed. Less fun, pure facts.

            Comment

            Working...
            X