The Secret to Hacking Seasonal Allergies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret to Hacking Seasonal Allergies

I think my number one benefit to switching to Primal has to be the complete elimination of my allergies. When I was a kid I was always sick, I had multiple sinus surgeries, weekly shots, hive outbreaks (which I still have scars from). Every single winter I would have a terrible sinus infection that would last months. I was never NOT sniffling. I wonder what percent of people have noticed a significant reduction in allergies once they eliminated certain foods from their diet. My mine three were grain, dairy and alcohol. I have practically no allergies now. I love feeling great when everyone around me is coughing and complaining.

This blog post highlights my success. Check it out! Please let me know your success story!
    sigpic
    http://howtodieyoung.blogspot.com

Giving up dairy a couple years ago (pre-primal...I remember slathering tofu-walnut "cream cheese" on big slabs of artisan bread) did it for me. Now I can tolerate small amounts but I don't buy it for the house. I had horrific sinuses before then each summer, and now I don't deal with them at all!
    I don't own a scale and don't care to!

Comment

Removing dairy and gluten pretty much put a stop to my allergies. I also had IBS issues that stopped after going paleo. Just like you I used to always get sinus infections, constantly sick and went so far as to get immuno-therapy shots for my allergies to no avail. The only thing that worked was going paleo and sleeping better.
      "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

My allergies are way better this season. Carpal tunnel syndrome is virtually gone. I think I could go the extra mile and eliminate alcohol, but I'm not there yet.

Comment

I've eliminated grain and almost all alcohol. Dairy is just too damned convenient, even though I know it screws with my sinuses.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by cavemanj View Post
            My allergies are way better this season. Carpal tunnel syndrome is virtually gone. I think I could go the extra mile and eliminate alcohol, but I'm not there yet.
            That is really interesting about the carpal tunnel syndrome, I wonder what the causal link is? I have heard this before.
            sigpic

Comment

Give it up! Trust me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HowToDieYoung View Post
                That is really interesting about the carpal tunnel syndrome, I wonder what the causal link is? I have heard this before.
                As I understand it, carpal tunnel is caused by inflammation of the carpal tunnel nerve in the wrist. I think eliminating wheat and dairy caused inflammation to drop, which helped with my wrist. My thumb used to go numb when I drove for long periods of time and I would wake up with numb fingers. Doesn't happen anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X