Turmeric, what do you use it for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turmeric, what do you use it for?

I bought a big thing of turmeric, but I'm not entirely sure what to use it for except curries. How do you use it?

I just use it in curry. I haven't thought of another use and I eat a lot of yellow mustard which gives me the benefit of the curcumin found in turmeric that I was looking for.

Comment

Try it sprinkled on an omelet. An omelet just isn't done until it's sprinkled with turmeric.

Comment

I stir it right into the scrambled eggs.

Comment

Hmm never tried it on eggs before... I sprinkle it on with my Everything Including the Kitchen Sink roasted chicken rub...

Comment

I sprinkle it on just about anything savory, but I also use it to help heal scars. Here is a post that has a bazillion different ideas on how to use it http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Tur...r-t221083.html (scroll down a little) =)
            http://freethinkingcavewoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I actually dont use it much...I used to have dietary issues with too much tumeric, but I may try it again.
              MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                Hmm never tried it on eggs before...
                I've never tried it on eggs before either, 'though at one time we used it to dye our kids Easter eggs.
                I know my dad can't eat any due to its blood thinning properties.
                Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

Turmeric is related to Ginger and has anti fungal properties that are similar to that of Ginger. When you marinate your meat, having turmeric in the marinade will help prevent the food from spoiling.

Cinnamon is also anti fungal.

Comment

My mom would always use it on chicken.

I need to cook more chicken.

Comment

chicken, meat, every kind of stew..

Comment

Curry, sauteed veggies, tomato soup, quiche, omelets, clafoutis, Throw It In a Pan (also known as Leftover Surprise.)
                        Last edited by naiadknight; 02-13-2011, 01:00 AM.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

throw it in a pan, haha. I do that. Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Throw a bit on cauliflower rice. Myself, I prefer saffron for color and flavor. Are you using it for its antiinflammatory properties? I tried the pill form and it did not help me.

Comment

I still eat rice, yummm. I add to it the rice, nice flavor. Chicken broth a dab of butter and slice some onions. 20 mins and it done.
                              Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                              READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Working...
                              X