Coffee with Cream on IF Days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee with Cream on IF Days?

My IF schedule is one 24-hour fast a week, along with unplanned fasts whenever I feel like it (i.e. I'm not hungry). But, on those IF days, I do have coffee with cream. Is that generally acceptable? The amount of calories in the cream and coffee simply can't be enough to offset the benefits of the fast...at least that's what I am telling myself!

Thoughts?

i think a tablespoon is fine. although i have gotten my self off of putting milk or cream in my coffee and now i actually like the taste of black coffee, it tastes kind of sweet, not bitter anymore. when i add dairy to it, it tastes... weird.
    Last edited by Vozz; 02-12-2011, 12:29 PM.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

Comment

I drink my coffee with cream during fasts. I've been trying to wean myself off of cream/sugar in my coffee. Vozz how long did it take?
      Get Motivated:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

Comment

I think Martin at leangains.com talks about any more that a tsp and the fast is stopped metabolically. Now that has nothing to do with the calories deficit you create but that is just one of the benefits of IFing as far as I understand it.
        In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Comment

I think it breaks the fast. A fast is no calories. Cream = calories. Just drink it black and you don't have to wonder about it LOL
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by BStoneFitz View Post
            I drink my coffee with cream during fasts. I've been trying to wean myself off of cream/sugar in my coffee. Vozz how long did it take?
            roughly two weeks for me.
            i would suggest ditching the sugar first. then ditching the dairy.
            i think that flavor changes more gradually that way as opposed to ditching dairy, then going from sweet to bitter.

i ditched sugar from my coffee at the beginning of primal so that wasn't an issue
            Last edited by Vozz; 02-12-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hermanda View Post
              I think Martin at leangains.com talks about any more that a tsp and the fast is stopped metabolically. Now that has nothing to do with the calories deficit you create but that is just one of the benefits of IFing as far as I understand it.
              yeah, he wrote .5 to 1 teaspoon of milk is ok. cream has more calories. I recommend ditching dairy all together from you coffee for fasting.

Comment

I thought Johnny's article on it was pretty interesting.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Phoenix. One other school of thought is to stop obsessing, I suppose!

Comment

Working...
                  X