Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Coconut Milk in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    [QUOTE=nottymoni;338333]
    Originally posted by mozzy10 View Post
    I bought quite a few (20ish) cans of "Dunn's River" coconut milk from Asda but it was a few months ago. 50p a can.

    Ingredients are coconut meat extract, water!


    I also buy Dunn's River, at tesco - 50p for a can. Caribbean products shelf.
    coop also sell for 55p. I like it for cooking, but its thin (no guar gum) so not so great on berries.

    I quite like the blue dragon full fat one

    Comment


    • #17
      Funny this thread is kickin, I was just googling for Dunn River coconut milk nutritional breakdowns, as the can didn't have any. Wanted to see if it was primal, and for 55p it sure is good. Just had a salad bag and coconut milk shake, lovely! I used to buy coconut milk in a purple can with a dragon on it and it was a lumpy pain. Dunn river is well....more like milk and is much better imo.

      Comment


      • #18
        Buy Biona's brand. It's something like 1.20 for 400g. Organic etc.

        I buy all my coconut produce from them, oil aswell. You can get it from Planet organic(Essex road or Torrington place) or Whole foods as far as i know.

        Comment


        • #19
          I get Blue Dragon full fat. I've had Dunn River before, quite recently, but it was thinner than what I expected. Made me think it was watered down (that, and the lower price).

          I like the thick creaminess to the Blue Dragon stuff. Worth the extra money imo.

          Comment


          • #20
            Doesn't the Blue Dragon have thickners though?
            Yes looked it up.
            Ingredients: Coconut Extract (56%), Water, Stabiliser: E466, Emulsifier: E471, Antioxidant: E330.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mozzy10 View Post
              Doesn't the Blue Dragon have thickners though?
              Yes looked it up.
              Ingredients: Coconut Extract (56%), Water, Stabiliser: E466, Emulsifier: E471, Antioxidant: E330.
              Do you know how that compares to the Dunn River one? The Dunn River cans are only 80p at my local health food shop, as opposed to 1.30 for Blue Dragon - and that's at the bigger stores. I'll switch to Dunn River if it's good stuff.

              Would like a way of thickening it though, gives it a feel of quality..

              Comment


              • #22
                Biona organic coconut milk contains guar gum

                Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
                Buy Biona's brand. It's something like 1.20 for 400g. Organic etc.

                I buy all my coconut produce from them, oil aswell. You can get it from Planet organic(Essex road or Torrington place) or Whole foods as far as i know.
                I really like the Biona brand, but their coconut milk does contain guar gum:

                Biona - Biona Organic Coconut Milk - 400ml

                Ingredients

                Coconut* (50%), water, stabiliser: guar gum

                *= certified organic ingredients

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CraigO View Post
                  I really like the Biona brand, but their coconut milk does contain guar gum:

                  Biona - Biona Organic Coconut Milk - 400ml

                  Ingredients

                  Coconut* (50%), water, stabiliser: guar gum

                  *= certified organic ingredients
                  I'd love to find one which is without gum!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The aroy d brand packaging is bpa free and generally gets the nod from lots of people, it's not organic but then that's not a massive issue with coconuts cause of the thick outer shell, plus given where they have come from by the time they reach the UK shores and the different people and companies that have handled them, can you really be sure that the organic label provides that much confidence


                    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Frederic21 View Post
                      The aroy d brand packaging is bpa free and generally gets the nod from lots of people, it's not organic but then that's not a massive issue with coconuts cause of the thick outer shell, plus given where they have come from by the time they reach the UK shores and the different people and companies that have handled them, can you really be sure that the organic label provides that much confidence


                      Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      I can get that locally so will give it a go, Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Great, it's pure coconut milk as well absolutely nothing added.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Oh also Milly it gets marks approval on his site!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Ayam Coconut milk

                            Hi

                            I thought I would add this brand of Coconut milk, I buy it for 1.19 per tin and it's been very good so far. I have attached some photos for information. I get it from my local Oriental/Asian store when they have a BOGOF promotion.

                            Hope this helps!



                            Last edited by Changy; 12-04-2015, 04:43 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Changy View Post
                              Hi

                              I thought I would add this brand of Coconut milk, I buy it for 1.19 per tin and it's been very good so far. I have attached some photos for information. I get it from my local Oriental/Asian store when they have a BOGOF promotion.

                              Hope this helps!



                              Thanks for that! I shall look for it!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X