Did Lindt 85% just get Carbier?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Lindt 85% just get Carbier?

Last week I bought up the last few bars of Lindt 85% because it was 8g of carbs per serving. However today the store has restocked and now the Lindt 85% bars are 15g of carbs per serving!

I call shenanigans! What's up with that?!

I still have both versions of the bars here, the new ones have a picture of a chef inspecting a bar of chocolate on the back.

Anyone else notice this?

I think it must be a misprint--or they changed the serving size. I just bought a 70% Lindt bar and the total carbs per (40 g) serving are 17 grams.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
      I think it must be a misprint--or they changed the serving size. I just bought a 70% Lindt bar and the total carbs per (40 g) serving are 17 grams.
      It's not a misprint and the serving sizes are the same (40g or 4 squares). Other things changed as well like calories and sodium and %calcium and %iron.

Comment

Maybe they've figured out that Americans really have a sweet tooth. The 90% is(used to be) pretty good.

Gordo

Comment

Actually it just depends on where they got that shipment from. I noticed this discrepancy awhile ago and after doing research and speaking to some people at the publix headquarters via email... sometimes the distributers of lindt bars get those bars from UK distributers which label their goods differently. The UK packaging has more carbs written out on it from the way their label their stuff over there, but the ingredients are the same.

It's weird, but that's what we came up with... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it sounds like it's what you just ran into.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
            It's not a misprint and the serving sizes are the same (40g or 4 squares). Other things changed as well like calories and sodium and %calcium and %iron.
            Wow. Scary.
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Yes, thanks. I'll be sure to check the label before snapping up a dozen when they go on sale.

Gordo

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
                  The 90% is(used to be) pretty good.
                  LOVE 90%! Now I'm gonna have to read the labels :/
                  Results Pics:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                    Actually it just depends on where they got that shipment from. I noticed this discrepancy awhile ago and after doing research and speaking to some people at the publix headquarters via email... sometimes the distributers of lindt bars get those bars from UK distributers which label their goods differently. The UK packaging has more carbs written out on it from the way their label their stuff over there, but the ingredients are the same.

It's weird, but that's what we came up with... I don't remember the exact numbers, but it sounds like it's what you just ran into.
                    Okay I think you are right. One version looks more American and the other more European. However, the European version is the one with lower carbs.

I went to their web site and the nutrition info there is totally different than both of the bars I have.

I also noticed at the web site a Lindt 99%!! They don't have this at my local grocer, but would love to give it a try. Has anyone tried the Lindt 99% yet??

Comment

I like the lindt 99, it`s really good with a nice strong dark coffee... very smooth. It does have an interior foil label that `warns`that you need to work your way up to eating that `dark`of chocolate, LOL. Makes me laugh at how far I have come from when I was a kid and would try eating bakers chocolate out of the pantry and be completely disgusted by it.

Comment

Originally posted by nopie View Post
                        I like the lindt 99, it`s really good with a nice strong dark coffee... very smooth. It does have an interior foil label that `warns`that you need to work your way up to eating that `dark`of chocolate, LOL. Makes me laugh at how far I have come from when I was a kid and would try eating bakers chocolate out of the pantry and be completely disgusted by it.
                        HA! I had that same discussion with my mother last night.

She's waaaay 'tougher' than I am on the dark chocolate scale, I think her bitter taste buds are broken. She can eat that bakers chocolate with no problem.

The 85% though...thats plenty dark for me. It's self limiting as it is-I have a half a square and I'm happy.

Three weeks out of the month, anyway....
                        Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

100% Dark Choc is my fav!!! (I swear i'm not just going for 'chocolatier than thou,' it is simply something that gets me all giddy!) I also love raw cocoa nibs as snacks. I don't know how bad they are for me, but they're delightful. A spoonfull of those with a spoonfull of coconut butter... mm!!

Little Saiyan

Comment

85% and 90% are my faves. I'll check what our packs say on the label here in the UK. I can't really get into the 99% Lindt, it's a bit too hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with fiber? I feel like I remember hearing that in some places, the nutrition information doesn't include insoluble fiber in the carb count.
                              The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Working...
                              X