No BMs!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No BMs!!

Okay, I have been Primal for appx. 2 months now and am loving the results. The fat is melting off, energy levels are skyrocketing, etc., etc. BUT, My BMs have drastically reduced. I used to be like clock work in the morning. Now it is more like rabbit pellets and thats when I go at all! I havent eaten ANY complex carbs since starting PF but I do eat fibrous veggies, just not alot of em. I started taking Metamucil today to see if that helps. Anyone else out there have this problem? I am not bloated and I dont feel uncomfortable, I just dont go! Sorry if I grossed anyone out but i have a feeling that this is a tough crowd. =) Thanks.

Originally posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
    Okay, I have been Primal for appx. 2 months now and am loving the results. The fat is melting off, energy levels are skyrocketing, etc., etc. BUT, My BMs have drastically reduced. I used to be like clock work in the morning. Now it is more like rabbit pellets and thats when I go at all! I havent eaten ANY complex carbs since starting PF but I do eat fibrous veggies, just not alot of em. I started taking Metamucil today to see if that helps. Anyone else out there have this problem? I am not bloated and I dont feel uncomfortable, I just dont go! Sorry if I grossed anyone out but i have a feeling that this is a tough crowd. =) Thanks.

OH GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

This is pretty normal in most people that go paleo or primal and you can increase your regularity and reduce rabbit pellets by eating more coconut oil, consuming coconut milk, getting some fiber bombs in the form of food made of coconut flour, consuming cold milled flax...

Comment

More vegetables will help, as will more fat, more water, and a good probiotic. Chances are that all the beasties you had in your guts were optimized for the diet you had previously, so it couldn't hurt to throw a bunch more down there and see if they'll help you out. Fermented veggies are a good idea too. (Sauerkraut, kimchee, proper pickles...)

Comment

Thanks Rivvin- I am glad to hear that this is common, I was getting worried bro, lol! I will try some of your suggestions.

There is plenty wrong with me but that is another thread for another day..... =P

Comment

...or just relax. More of your food is getting absorbed, so there is less to excrete. TMI--I haven't "gone" yet today and may not --no worries!
          Magnesium supplements can help, if you are in distress. Fiber just irritates your intestines.
          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I actually had the opposite problem. When I started eating primally I would notice that I would go several times a day. In the past, I would not go that often, I'm talking maybe once a week with said rabbit pellets. I would probably think that you need to introduce more veggies into you diet. Really you need to know what you want for yourself. You mentioned not eating complex carbs, maybe you want to eat some primal carbs like yams, sweet potato, plantains and the like. Also eating more vegetables would probably not hurt.
            I hope you get things back in order
            HTH!
            You don't have to be sick to get well

Comment

Eating more kale works for me every time.

I was taking psyllium husks for awhile when I first started a low-carb WOE last spring. I was eating grains at the time.

Now that I've shifted to primal, I've found I don't need psyllium or anything else as long as I'm eating lots of green veggies, drinking plenty of water, and getting enough fat. If I slip up on any of those things, then it's rabbit pellets.

Comment

Very common; happened to me, many others. Drink more water and eat an apple a day. Add some cabbage to your BAS. And did I mention to drink more water? If you're really plugged up, eat an apple and a ripe, soft pear, washed down with a lot of water, just before bed. You'll go first thing in the morning. Oh, yes, you'll go....
                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
                  Thanks Rivvin- I am glad to hear that this is common, I was getting worried bro, lol! I will try some of your suggestions.

There is plenty wrong with me but that is another thread for another day..... =P
                  No worries, bro! I think you just have to find what works for you--many people find they need the fiber, but I seem to remain normal even if I just eat a bunch of meat and eggs. But I agree with the others, try adding more veggies and maybe a bit of fruit and some good fats. Buena suerte!

Oh and I hope the other things wrong with you aren't too bad! Lol
                  "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                  --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                  --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                  --Hyperlithic

Comment

I have the same issue as well. I have coconut oil here, but for some reason am scared to consume it. I've seen where others have mention fiber bombs. Is there a recipe for them? I can't seem to get coconut flour where I live. Can you make that yourself?
                    Georgette

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great input. I have been getting plenty of water and fats. I have had minimal/moderate leafy greens, and NO fruits. Like I mentioned, I feel great, and the fat is coming off rapid fire so I didnt really want to change anything but I think I will try the apple a day thing, maybe the coconut milk (which I love!), and just figure out what works. I really do appreciate the great feedback here guys/girls. You guys are awesome. =))

Comment

I had a few weeks of rabbit pellet microdumps about 2 months in too... then it leveled off to more "normals" dumpage. Still not 3 or 4 times a day like back when I was a grain grazer... but that's a good ting!

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                          I had a few weeks of rabbit pellet microdumps about 2 months in too... then it leveled off to more "normals" dumpage. Still not 3 or 4 times a day like back when I was a grain grazer... but that's a good ting!
                          good to know that i'm not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                            Lol at "microdumps." Great post, bro
                            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                            --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                            --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                            --Hyperlithic

Comment

Ah...is there anywhere else on the interwebs where we can discuss our dumps with such candor? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X