Diluting Canned Coconut Milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diluting Canned Coconut Milk?

Considering I've been going through my So Delicious coconut milk in a few days and it's just heavily diluted coconut milk, I picked p three cans of Native Forest full fat coconut milk. I tried diluting it - but it mostly tastes like water. What ratio do you use? Do you put it in a blender, or just mix?

Thanks!

I make this recipe: http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/...e-creamer.html

I make a double batch and add one can of water, since I prefer it a little more pourable than the original.

I've simplified it over time so I just hand whisk it lightly (takes almost no effort) and I sometimes use light olive oil instead of having to melt the coconut oil.

Curious why you feel like you HAVE to dilute the canned stuff?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

I use 2/3 canned to 1/3 water.
      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Liz - Perfect! I will definitely try that. And it happens to be one of my "snacks" (a few sips a day), the full fat I love for cooking and for mixing with berries, but it's more like a cream than a milk.

Supersellen - I will also try that. I'm sure one of the two will work perfect

Comment

I think the So Delicious stuff mostly tastes like water (I tried the unsweetened variety once). Looks like liz gave you what you needed, I was just chiming in, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by lexsi340 View Post
            Considering I've been going through my So Delicious coconut milk in a few days and it's just heavily diluted coconut milk, I picked p three cans of Native Forest full fat coconut milk. I tried diluting it - but it mostly tastes like water. What ratio do you use? Do you put it in a blender, or just mix?

Thanks!
            Kind of off-topic... but does the label on your Native Forest full fat milk now say 8g of sugars?

Comment

i just bought some more native forest organic coconut milk, too... same thing... says 8g of sugar. before it said 1g sugar... *nothing* else is different (other than appearance of the label, a bit). does anyone know if this is a misprint??

Comment

Really? I grab Native Forest all the time and don't even bother to look anymore.What's going on?

Comment

Has the serving size changed? This topic came up in a thread about chocolate, but that is due to the difference on how carbs are labeled in the U.S. versus Europe (they don't count fiber toward the total). But coconut milk is fiber-free so that's not the case here.

Comment

The whole label design changed on Native forest along with 8g of sugar per serving compared to one before. NF how could you???

Comment

I use this recipe all the time and I don't think it tastes watery: Coconut Drink Recipe | Joyful Abode I don't always sweeten it, but if I do it's a small squirt of honey or agave. It's delicious though! Very refreshing!

Comment

I add Walnut oil, a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt. The honey and salt is so it will keep longer than 4 days in the fridge. The Walnut oil is for the added flavor.

If you have to watch your salt intake and want to dilute it, try adding Cognac or Rhum to your coconut milk. It will help preserve it past 4 days in the fridge and will taste great in coffee.

Comment

For what it is worth, I contacted Native Forest about the 8g of sugar and it is just a typo. I buy them in bulk and flipped out when I saw the sugar. I searched online and saw people were complaining here. The next batch will be back to 1g on the label.
                          Last edited by theredandtheblue; 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to confirm what the last poster said. I picked up Native Forest Coconut Milk today simply assuming it was 1g of sugar (since all of the other "statistics" are pretty much in line with Thai Kitchens), but when I brought it home it said 8 g of sugar. This didn't make any sense given that the only ingredients are coconut, water, and guar gum--where's the sugar coming from? It would be very comforting to know it was a typo . . . I wanted to give Native Forest a try due to their BPA free cans.

Comment

Working...
                            X