Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy drinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Energy drinks

    So I find eating primal is pretty easy and I have great results with it so far, but I work right next to a Walgreens and I always go in there and buy the only energy drink I like--those Xenergy sugar-free ones, mango guava flavor (delish!). Is there anything primal that could sort of substitute for this drink? I think most energy drinks taste like, well, piss, but these ones are so good and I am weak lol. Thanks!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir


    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell


    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

  • #2
    Energy drinks are just chemical soups. Ditch them
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

    Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

    Comment


    • #3
      Coffee: nature's energy! Now with more antioxidants than many veggies and fruits.
      --
      Here it is, your moment of zen.

      It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Clymb View Post
        So I find eating primal is pretty easy and I have great results with it so far, but I work right next to a Walgreens and I always go in there and buy the only energy drink I like--those Xenergy sugar-free ones, mango guava flavor (delish!). Is there anything primal that could sort of substitute for this drink? I think most energy drinks taste like, well, piss, but these ones are so good and I am weak lol. Thanks!
        Xenergy drinks, those were the days! This was my absolute favorite energy drink and flavor too! Before I went Primal, I bought cases of this stuff (several hundred dollars worth). I felt great drinking this stuff and the energy would last a long while after. I was searching for more energy and thought this drink was perfect. Well it is great until it starts affecting your overall state of health (sleep, hunger, skin, etc.). That's when I knew it wasn't a long term solution. I liked the high and had to find a more natural approach to achieve a "buzz" and real long lasting energy. Hence, why I went Paleo/Primal.

        You like it because of the high buzz (caffeine) and the flavor. You will realize at some point whether you abuse this stuff or not that a highly processed energy drink isn't the answer. Live primally and guarantee you will never need to touch another energy drink again.
        "You can have it all, but how much do you want it?"

        Comment


        • #5
          Coffee / espresso.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Supersonic View Post
            Xenergy drinks, those were the days! This was my absolute favorite energy drink and flavor too! Before I went Primal, I bought cases of this stuff (several hundred dollars worth). I felt great drinking this stuff and the energy would last a long while after. I was searching for more energy and thought this drink was perfect. Well it is great until it starts affecting your overall state of health (sleep, hunger, skin, etc.). That's when I knew it wasn't a long term solution. I liked the high and had to find a more natural apporach to achieve a "buzz" and real long lasting energy. Hence, why I went Paleo/Primal.

            You like it because of the high buzz (caffeine) and the flavor. You will realize at some point whether you abuse this stuff or not that a highly processed energy drink isn't the answer. Live primally and guarantee you will never need to touch another energy drink again.
            That's awesome, I'm glad someone understands how good this stuff is! Lol. Did you replace it with anything or just go cold-turkey? Someone else suggested coffee, but that stuff is...nasty. I can drink Caffix but not actual coffee. Love your profile pic btw
            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
            --John Muir


            "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
            --Tommy Caldwell


            ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
            --Hyperlithic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Clymb View Post
              That's awesome, I'm glad someone understands how good this stuff is! Lol. Did you replace it with anything or just go cold-turkey? Someone else suggested coffee, but that stuff is...nasty. I can drink Caffix but not actual coffee. Love your profile pic btw
              Yes, I drank this stuff like it was water. In the beginning it was a can every other day, by the end of my run I was drinking two cans everyday!
              I understand that coffee flavor isn't appealing to everyone, but give it another try. Brew it and try different roasts and flavors. However, ever since going primal I touched coffee twice and didn't even finish my cup. Dark chocolate can give you that buzz if you need it for emergencies or during your transition into going Primal.

              I slowly weaned myself off coffee and the Xenergy drinks over the course of a couple of weeks. If you stop cold turkey, you can pretty much guarantee there's going to be hell to pay. I guess you can imagine it's like quitting cigarettes or cocaine. Withdrawals are awful even if you are a "light" drinker.

              Take it from me, get back to the basics! I know that sweet mango taste is divine, but it's really the devil!

              It sounds crazy, but I have all day energy without touching caffeine now. It's really beautiful. Plus now I have more cash.
              "You can have it all, but how much do you want it?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Supersonic View Post
                Yes, I drank this stuff like it was water. In the beginning it was a can every other day, by the end of my run I was drinking two cans everyday!
                I understand that coffee flavor isn't appealing to everyone, but give it another try. Brew it and try different roasts and flavors. However, ever since going primal I touched coffee twice and didn't even finish my cup. Dark chocolate can give you that buzz if you need it for emergencies or during your transition into going Primal.

                I slowly weaned myself off coffee and the Xenergy drinks over the course of a couple of weeks. If you stop cold turkey, you can pretty much guarantee there's going to be hell to pay. I guess you can imagine it's like quitting cigarettes or cocaine. Withdrawals are awful even if you are a "light" drinker.

                Take it from me, get back to the basics! I know that sweet mango taste is divine, but it's really the devil!

                It sounds crazy, but I have all day energy without touching caffeine now. It's really beautiful. Plus now I have more cash.
                Lol it is divine! What types of coffee would you suggest, ones that don't have too strong of a flavor? It would be nice to wean myself off everything. I'm also a bit of a lush--I have a habit of relying on substances too much, and I'd like to learn how to live without doing that.
                "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                --John Muir


                "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                --Tommy Caldwell


                ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                --Hyperlithic

                Comment


                • #9
                  try this really new product called water .. if u dont like the taste add a little squeeze of lemon or lime ...
                  or heat it up, add this thing called coffee (or tea) and add coconut milk ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kiwineil View Post
                    try this really new product called water .. if u dont like the taste add a little squeeze of lemon or lime ...
                    or heat it up, add this thing called coffee (or tea) and add coconut milk ...
                    Lol! I drink tons of water, that's not a problem, I just love having the Xenergy drinks for a treat, that's all. It's just addictive (to me)
                    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir


                    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell


                    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah i know that and was just stirring but they arent good for u so just ditch them !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you are addicted to it then kick your addiction!

                        I used to drink lo-carb Monsters almost every day... I weened myself off them and haven't had one in quite some time. The last time I bought one on a craving I ended up tossing it after 3 or 4 sips because it tasted like butt.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Makes some natural fruit juice instead of energy drinks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                            Lol! I drink tons of water, that's not a problem, I just love having the Xenergy drinks for a treat, that's all. It's just addictive (to me)
                            It's incredible how addicting caffeine really is. I never realized until this past year. I used to drink Guru energy drinks all the time (all proud of myself because they were organic!). Anyway, the highs and lows of caffeine really annoyed me. On top of that, I really hated the dependency thing (feeling like I needed an energy drink at the beginning of a work day or whatever).

                            I feel so much better now that I've dropped that crap! Now I generally drink green tea or yerba mate if I feel like I want a small pick-up. Lot's of antioxidants and much less caffeine. I used to think I had plenty of energy all the time, now I know what I was missing. Being free of caffeine has given me more energy than ever, plus I sleep better now which helps even more.

                            BTW, I know you're a climber (or should I say "clymber"). This past October was when I experimented with switching off caffeine. I used to bring an energy drink (or two) with me during a bouldering session and drink it/them right after my warm-ups to climb better on the hard probs. All November I just brought a big thermos full of hot green tea with me and sipped on it all day. Climbed better than I ever have in my life. Good enough for me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              PLus think of the money you will save not drinking them!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X