Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your tastes changed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have your tastes changed?

    I've found that some food taste different since I've been primal. I had a steak the other night that was cooked with just salt and pepper and I could really notice the flavor of the meat. I had asparagus broiled with olive oil, salt and pepper and it tasted sweet to me. Even butter that used to have an oily taste to it now is creamy and sweet. I'm really enjoying the flavors of the food I'm eating. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the food you eat?

  • #2
    I have noticed a difference, too. I can taste the natural sweetness in things now. I used to put sugar in my berries before without even thinking about it. Now, they are taste so wonderful without it, even when they are a little tart sometimes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by the bacon hut View Post
      I've found that some food taste different since I've been primal. I had a steak the other night that was cooked with just salt and pepper and I could really notice the flavor of the meat. I had asparagus broiled with olive oil, salt and pepper and it tasted sweet to me. Even butter that used to have an oily taste to it now is creamy and sweet. I'm really enjoying the flavors of the food I'm eating. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the food you eat?
      In a word, yes. As you ditch the grains and sugars, your body increases the number of sweetness receptors on your tongue, as you've noticed. It makes a huge difference - steak never tasted so good before.
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

      Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


      Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

      My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Absolutely.

        99% chocolate is delicious. 85% is more like milk chocolate now. Raisins are incredibly sweet. Grapefruit is nolonger bitter.

        Eating real food and not having your taste buds bombarded with excessive sweets all the time makes your tastes, well... more refined.

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh yes! I enjoy food on a whole different level. Simple is perfect. Sometimes I even ditch the salt.
          http://freethinkingcavewoman.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
            Absolutely.

            99% chocolate is delicious. 85% is more like milk chocolate now. Raisins are incredibly sweet. Grapefruit is nolonger bitter.

            Eating real food and not having your taste buds bombarded with excessive sweets all the time makes your tastes, well... more refined.
            If I ever get to the point where I can eat grapefruit that will be a true testament.... (I cant stand grapefruit...even one slice of it mixed in a fruit cocktail is hideous. There is no amount of sugar that has ever saved grapefruit for me. )
            MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

            "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes. My family is getting really tired of me saying ecstatically about some primal concoction: "This tastes SO good...." while they chew a mouthful of the same concoction but with grains as well.
              Liz.

              Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes. Amazing difference on so many levels. There seems to be a depth of flavor to food that I likely couldn't notice when I was eating grains and sugars. They overpower the nuances of food, IMHO.
                Starting Weight: 197.5
                Current Weight: 123
                Far healthier!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The change in taste was amazing. I'd of never have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.

                  My candy store is the produce department! Ah grapefruit...amazing. Just peel and eat.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                    If I ever get to the point where I can eat grapefruit that will be a true testament.... (I cant stand grapefruit...even one slice of it mixed in a fruit cocktail is hideous. There is no amount of sugar that has ever saved grapefruit for me. )
                    I don't know about the yellow ones, but the ruby ones are fantastic.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love Brussels sprouts now. I never thought I'd say love and Brussels sprouts in the same sentence
                      True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                      The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shat View Post
                        I love Brussels sprouts now. I never thought I'd say love and Brussels sprouts in the same sentence
                        Mmmmm... Brussels sprouts fried with bacon and bacon grease and walnuts and garlic and om nom nom.

                        'Scuse me, I think I need to see if we have all that in the fridge now...
                        Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

                        Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


                        Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

                        My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I find starchy foods like carrots, sweet potatoes and parsnips are like CANDY. Such a wonderful treat! As well, I've really learned to enjoy the natural saltiness of meat. I used to add salt to my steak, but for some reason it just doesn't need it anymore.

                          And I agree, raisins are really sweet ... too sweet for my liking.
                          I blog here: http://www.primalkat.blogspot.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When I roast a turkey or chicken I put brussel sprouts and onion around it. Mmm....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shat View Post
                              I love Brussels sprouts now. I never thought I'd say love and Brussels sprouts in the same sentence
                              I never liked Brussels sprouts; they tasted like dirt to me. But I think I'll try them now to see how they taste.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X