Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What energy boosters can you take on an empty stomach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What energy boosters can you take on an empty stomach?

I have 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner (IF'ing). I did some helping out around the farm with my father in law and I felt low energy throughout the morning even though I had a good dinner yesterday.

Are there any supplements that raise your mood and energy while intermittent fasting from dinner to lunch, that I can take in the morning for those times you need an extra boosting?

Coffee. But if you're low energy than why not just eat something? IF'ing isn't supposed to be hard....
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

I'm not hungry at all in the morning... I'm just low energy. When it comes to doing work around the farm, the kind of work that is done for a couple/several hours, I get pretty drained and low on energy... if I'm to do a short bodyweight training session, I'm ok.

Comment

Any takers?

Comment

I s'pose I'm thinking that if you're low on energy because you're doing a lot of physical work without eating, why not just eat? Why go looking for 'energy boosters' that aren't food?

Comment

Protein is what you need first thing in the morning; eggs bacon, meat etc.

Comment

i usually take a hit of oxygen and sunshine. a good stretch out in the fresh air--maybe a short walk--fills me with energy to get me though the wasteland of banality that is my job until i go home and break my fast.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I'm with the food crowd. It doesn't have to be much, eat what you're comfortable with. Remember we IF to simulate some of the likely behavior of Grok. Grok didn't do farm work in the morning.

Comment

More carbs, e.g. yams or even potatoes, for dinner. A bit of protein and fat in the morning.

Maybe sublingual B12 in the morning.
                  Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

organic apple cider vinegar-1 teaspoon honey, 1-2 tlbspoons apple cider vinegar, cup of hot water . Mix well and drink --great energy booster . Or 1 teaspoon -1 tblsp. spirulina powder - whisk up with glass of water and drink , alfalfa tablets , chlorella tablets

Comment

Apple cider vinegar is your best bet with the honey and hot water

Comment

Apple cider vinegar is the best though with honey .I've also used to use the good for you aerobic oxygen drops in water (20) when I was into hiking and wanted that extra edge and boost without eating more

Comment

Won't the honey break the fast?

Comment

Change when you fast. Eat breakfast and lunch to provide you with energy for physical activity during the day. IF for dinner.

Comment

I know mozzy, I just dont want to do that. I'd like to have energy in the morning for a couple to several hours of manual labor, while only having lunch and dinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X