is it ok to have protein on its own?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ok to have protein on its own?

Say after a workout? I like to have a whey shake (i know its not the best choice)
    I read somewhere that it wasnt good to have protein just on its own. Any truth to this? And if so what is the science behind it?

I really can't think of any reason why not to have a whey shake after a workout
    Kriskris.com

Comment

Grok just had protein after he ran his prey down. Worked for him. I believe mono dieting has lots of merit.
      And it's natural.

Comment

If you mix it with anything but water your not really getting only protein. Personally I like my shake with unsweetened almond milk but have used just water while at work - not nearly as tasty.

And grok had fat with his protein after he ran it down ;D
        Last edited by Rud3d0g; 02-05-2011, 03:49 PM. Reason: fat
        "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

Comment

No.
          It'll make your appendix explode.
          carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
            No.
            It'll make your appendix explode.
            lol, ahh i knew there was a reason why it was a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithallenlaw View Post
              Grok just had protein after he ran his prey down. Worked for him. I believe mono dieting has lots of merit.
              And it's natural.
              I don't think so. Hard to find a prey that's fat-free.
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

+1. Regardless of what you want to think about dairy, whey has considerably less fat than even tuna and chicken breast (no skin). Not natural.

Comment

Originally posted by krassi View Post
                  I really can't think of any reason why not to have a whey shake after a workout
                  To eat steak instead
                  Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Well, a whey shake is pretty convenient after a workout. You just pour water in it and drink
                    Kriskris.com

Comment

Personally, I don't find straight protein satisfying unless it has some fat with it. I ate a big mess of fairly lean sashimi on Friday night before going out - I was starving in an hour! Came home, ate a couple strips of bacon, felt much better.

I also don't really consider whey natural. Have some Greek yogurt instead. It is very high in protein, plus you'll get some fat and the nice probiotic benefits.
                      The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Yes. Whey is nasty, though.

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
                          I don't think so. Hard to find a prey that's fat-free.
                          Deer are fat free. Besides, the fat is most desirable. Who wants a fat free diet unless I'm
                          reading you wrong. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X