The Egg Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Egg Thread

I didn't want to highjack the other thread so I am answering here..........

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    1 egg is 6-8 gm protein, depending on size. Eat 7gm of protein for breakfast and I'd be a carb-hunting beast by 10am. 4 eggs is one serving of meat. Sounds like you got advice from a cholesterol-phobe who never stopped to consider how mankind ate all those eggs throughout history and never developed heart disease until we got sugar & flour by the bushel.
    I got the advice from someone on a lowcarb forum, believe it or not (and not a very good lowcarb forum either).

Anyway, breakfast was great. 4 jumbo eggs fried in butter and lightly sprinkled with seasalt and cracked black pepper.

Thye lipid hyposthesis is not a secret............it's been around for decades. I eat at least 12 to 18 eggs a week one way or another.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

Hooooooooray eggs
      My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I eat five large eggs every single day.
        Kriskris.com

Comment

I eat 8-10 eggs like 6 days a week lol. Some of my classmates say I'm going to get a stroke, when ofc they have no clue at all. Also funny to get it from a guy who does coke occassionally or some skinny runner who eats half a loaf of whole-grain, desert-dry bread with no toppngs daily and thinks he's the bomb. Sorry for rant needed a little vent

Comment

I'm on an IF, but I'm going home for lunch where I'm going to have 4 eggs and some bacon.

Comment

I typically eat 3-4 eggs a day and my high blood pressure is now normal and I don't need meds anymore
              Georgette

Comment

I ate 3 eggs muffins this morning ! Hmmmmm ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pandadude View Post
                  I eat 8-10 eggs like 6 days a week lol. Some of my classmates say I'm going to get a stroke, when ofc they have no clue at all. Also funny to get it from a guy who does coke occassionally or some skinny runner who eats half a loaf of whole-grain, desert-dry bread with no toppngs daily and thinks he's the bomb. Sorry for rant needed a little vent
                  +1
                  I am so sick of people saying my heat is going to explode from eating so many eggs
                  My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I eat 5-6 eggs every day. Mmmmm...eggs.
                    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Up to 8 eggs already today and still counting!
                      ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

Yay eggs! The hubs and I go through abut 3 dozen a week. I've gotten some strange looks from people who've looked in our fridge and seen the "egg shelf"
                        The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

I think at my farmers market my egg guy must assume I'm buying for someone else when I ask for my weekly three dozen. But really, three eggs each per day is half a dozen a day, so if we eat them every morning that's only a six day supply.
                          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I love eggs! Omelet for breakfast every weekday, and hard-boiled eggs and a mixed green salad for lunch. I get funny looks at the cafeteria salad bar, loading up on about three eggs' worth of hard-boiled wedges. This from the folks piling pasta salad and yogurt-covered raisins onto their plates.

Comment

HAHA I get the same look. I usually pick up 5-6 dozen a week, feeding 5 hungry people in my house!

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              I think at my farmers market my egg guy must assume I'm buying for someone else when I ask for my weekly three dozen. But really, three eggs each per day is half a dozen a day, so if we eat them every morning that's only a six day supply.
                              ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

Working...
                              X