Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to be an Australian Fruitarian at the moment

http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au...local-bananas/

There's a certain group of people who are just about to find out the cost of their non-sustainable lifestyle thanks to Cyclone Yasi. Guess all their foods are going to have to be shipped in from some other tropical country and stored.

Reminder, Don't mention their name!

Originally posted by thanatos View Post
    http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au...local-bananas/

There's a certain group of people who are just about to find out the cost of their non-sustainable lifestyle thanks to Cyclone Yasi. Guess all their foods are going to have to be shipped in from some other tropical country and stored.

Reminder, Don't mention their name!
    +1! Yes, please don't mention their name!
    I have a facebook friend living there (who happens to be part of said "cult") and I'm wondering how this will impact her.
    http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Man I bet they are totally crying about this, I’m sure at least ONE cried.

"When prices were at their highest, growers even had to contend with the theft of banana bunches from their plantations."

hahahah
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

eh, Adapt, migrate or die. Good reason not to base your whole diet on a single food group.

Comment

I that it sucks that prices are going up though. Yes, they're some crazy bastards but then we must seem like crazy bastards to everyone that buys into CW.
            http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Fruitarianism is silly. What is not is all those banana plants, sugar cane and many peoples livelihoods were destroyed... I'm from this place, I was up all night worrying sick about my family.

Comment

Originally posted by erikJ View Post
                eh, Adapt, migrate or die. Good reason not to base your whole diet on a single food group.
                That's also kind of a good reason not to live in Australia. I'm sorry but that place is completely inhospitable to human life.

Comment

That's also kind of a good reason not to live in Australia. I'm sorry but that place is completely inhospitable to human life.
                  Wonder what the aboriginals, who've lived there thousands of years, would think of that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebike View Post
                    Wonder what the aboriginals, who've lived there thousands of years, would think of that comment.
                    OK, modern humans. You caught me.

Comment

It's totally not inhospitable. When you grow up there the primary schools teach you about "bush tucker" and how to find underground water sources etc. At least my primary school did...It was a very small school in the very outer suburbs where it was very bushy and scrubby. In all honesty, I'm more freaked out about being out hiking here in the US than I ever was in Australia. You guys have freaking bears and cougars and wolves.

Comment

so i'm not the only one! when i was a tiny teeny bopper, i used to hike alone ALL THE TIME, but now i'm too afraid of the cougars (we don't have bears in my particular locale, and wolves are very uncommon). their populations are increasing, and there are several in-town sightings a year (our population is around 70k).
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Hehe. well we have our regular yogi bear that likes to come raid our garbage cans every few days...But he hasnt showed up almost two weeks because our dogs tree'd him about 60ft up a pine tree in the backyard and we shined our flashlights at him and taunted him in the tree for a good 45 minutes before going inside. We had a mama bear with 3 cubs cross the road on to our property a couple of months ago, and one of her cubs got hit by a car so we had a bunch of people all parked outside along the highway, and some people calling us on our phone telling us we had to go up and search for the injured cub (which we didnt find) but we did run into a scary angry mama bear, had to fire a few shots off to scare her off so we could get back to the house.
                          Also, wolves arent around here but I see the occasional coyote towards the top of the mountain in the early morning. And I know for sure we have cougars because our property backs on to a really large national forest area (whiskeytown national park).

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
                            That's BS. Have you ever lived in Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
                              To call an entire island continant that contains nearly every type of environment from rainforest to desert and everything in between "inhospitable" is ridiculous. Sure there are some areas that you wouldn't be able to live in, but then that's like saying that North America is inhospitable because you can't grow anything in the Mojave Desert.
                              My Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X