I only fall asleep on fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only fall asleep on fat

I cant sleep when i am not in ketosis. i took myself out of ketosis sunday and havent slept since. i never made the connection, but the last 4 nights i have not slept...at all. got bags under my eyes, look like crap etc....i cannot slow down my body or mind when i am not running on fat... esp saturated LCFA fat

i never made the connection to my brain running on fat and my sleep. now i get it, but it seems opposite to what most people say.

anyone got any information?
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

yeah.... sounds like a problem.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
      I cant sleep when i am not in ketosis. i took myself out of ketosis sunday and havent slept since. i never made the connection, but the last 4 nights i have not slept...at all. got bags under my eyes, look like crap etc....i cannot slow down my body or mind when i am not running on fat... esp saturated LCFA fat

i never made the connection to my brain running on fat and my sleep. now i get it, but it seems opposite to what most people say.

anyone got any information?
      IDK Mal, but when I first get IN ketosis, I sleep like hell.

Like....2-3 hours a night for the first week.

So I'm officially ZERO help.
      Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

I wonder if it is more the CHANGE than specifically ketosis or not ketosis. Any change in your body chemistry can temporarily f' with your sleep.
        MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

The bad thing is, I saw your thread title, and immediately thought to let you borrow BS for use as a pillow. Apparently I'm a bad, bad fiancee.

Lots of hits on google for people asking the same thing, or the opposite, but haven't found any answers.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
            The bad thing is, I saw your thread title, and immediately thought to let you borrow BS for use as a pillow.
            Now, that is comedy.

Comment

yeah i cant explain it, but i am ungodly wired right now trying to spoon coconut oil in my mouth so i can get some sleep tonight
              Get on my Level

Comment

The only speculation I have is that taking yourself out of ketosis, which means increasing your carb intake, has your body thinking its obviously spring (i.e mating season).
                A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Is there anything going on in your life currently that could be an underlying cause psychologically? Even the smallest things could weigh heavy in the unconscious mind.

Comment

but the human brain runs exclusively on glucose - the blood brain barrier protects sees to that. In Ketosis your liver is providing all that glucose. Maybe in your case the livers glucose is what your brain desires the most and out of Ketosis with more other carb derived glucose in the mix your brain doesnt like it?
                    Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Comment

Yeah it doesn’t make sense to me that only if you eat fat can you sleep (as a general rule, not just in Malpaz’ life) and certain fats (like coconut oil) actually wake me up or give me an energy boost (they even tout it on the label) but butter or animal fats can make me a little drowsy.

You know what never fails though? Carbs, carbs + fat = coma. Get your mashed sweet potato with butter game up!!
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                        You know what never fails though? Carbs, carbs + fat = coma. Get your mashed sweet potato with butter game up!!
                        hahah i wish that was my problem and it was that easy!!! i have tried sweet taters an hour or so before bed both plain and loaded up with fat...wide awake and cant stop thinking or slow my brain down

oddly on the flip side, a spoonful of coconut oil before bed and i am out but i have to get past the sweating up a storm at night.

i can sleep, fall asleep in ketosis but i am CONSUMED by body heat and sweat. if i dont load the fat i cannot calm down, slow down my brain, or keep retarded thoughts/depression/aggression away
                        Get on my Level

Comment

The very weird thing here guys is I love to sleep after eating..your tummy is full and feels like fall asleep..it's weird right..
                          Download FREE 3 Day Crash Course
                          The Golden Rules You Must Follow to Sweat Normally | how to stop sweating | armpit sweating

Comment

Working...
                          X