Macadamia Nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macadamia Nuts

After reading todays MDA I started to really crave Macadamia nuts. I haven't had them in awhile but I would like to add them as snacks. I want to buy them raw (no salt or extra flavorings) and in bulk sizes since its normally cheaper. I normally buy almonds or walnuts from Costco but I never noticed them selling Macadamia nuts. Where do you guys get your supply of macadamia nuts? Any info is greatly appreciated!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

I buy them (raw/shelled on) in my local supermarket. I like them, and Hazelnuts, because they are lower in omega 6's compare to other nuts, but they still have a fair amount of omega 6's. Have them as a snack, but just don't go crazy.

Comment

+1

I did find macadamia nut oil at a specialty grocer the other day, but it was not organic and still something like $18 for less than a pint. =8O

Comment

I am also wondering where to buy raw macadamia nuts. Does Trader Joe's carry them?

Comment

I read on here nuts cause inflammation. Do macadamia nuts cause inflammation as well? Or mainly almonds?

Comment

Originally posted by MyBodyMyTemple View Post
            I read on here nuts cause inflammation. Do macadamia nuts cause inflammation as well? Or mainly almonds?
            Almonds, walnuts and macadamia nuts are your best bet when it comes to nut consumption. Those are the ones that Mark recommends in his book since it has a better O3:O6 ratio compared to other nuts. Peanuts are the most common nuts to eat but they can cause inflammation and tend to be high on the allergy scale for a lot of people.

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Hawaii. Try this link
              http://www.islandprincesshawaii.com/...ag-p/400-g.htm
              http://cavewomancafe.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

Amazon.com sells them....you can get anyone on Amazon.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I am going to try Trader Joes tomorrow and if I don't have much luck I will look online.

@cavewoman cafe - Maybe that's why I am craving them since it reminds me of good times in Hawaii

Comment

tj's had them a year ago!

we used to make dark chocolate mac and coconut 'turtles.' sometimes, i would add goji berries too. yummy.

Comment

Pay me for shipping and I'll pick some up at WF.

Comment

Trader Joe's has them dry-roasted and salted with sea salt.
                        * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
                        Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

Originally posted by eelnus View Post
                          Amazon.com sells them....you can get anyone on Amazon.
                          Anyone, huh? I'll have to shop there more often

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                            Anyone, huh? I'll have to shop there more often
                            <Shouts to wife in other room> "Hey babe, remember that deal we made about if I ever had a chance with Salma Hayek!?!?!!?"

I buy Fisher Mac nuts at my local HEB grocery store. Only ingredients are mac nuts, dry roasted, salt.

I've been looking for some raw ones locally because I'm under the impression that the dry roasting process affects nutrition (fat oxidation) negatively?
                            iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Golf View Post
                              I've been looking for some raw ones locally because I'm under the impression that the dry roasting process affects nutrition (fat oxidation) negatively?

I'd be interested to know if that is the case and if the nutritional information on the package is correct or reflects the non-dry roasted nuts (assuming nutrition is affected). I read the same about bagged salad once many years ago - whatever gas they put in the bag to help maintain freshness negatively impacts nutrion. I have no idea where I read it or if it is true but I do recall that. Hmm...urban legend or is there some truth to this oh wise and knowledgable primal folks? Dry roasting and salad bags - bad, good, or who gives a kayak?

Comment

Working...
                              X