Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oprah going vegan and hyping every industrially processed fake animal substitute.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oprah going vegan and hyping every industrially processed fake animal substitute.

OMG. I am watching this like a train wreck.

Fake cheese isn't food!

We watched that show here, too. I was hoping that Pollan would be a bit more assertive with a recommendation to avoid all the fake vegan food.
    Then again my wife said, "See! You can eat healthy as a vegan after all!"
    Oprah has worked her magic, again...

Criminy.
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

Unhealthy living for them, more awesomeness for us. Sucks your wife is buying it, though.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

I pray for her death.

Comment

So sad. So many people will follow her blindly and most likely get fatter and sicker. Meanwhile, pass the bacon....
          True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
          The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
            I pray for her death.
            hahahahah seriously.
            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I know it was a few years ago, but she did a vegan gluten free alcohol free 21 day cleanse once. She had her personal chef heat up gluten free frozen waffles EVERY DAY. And covered them in "real maple syrup," if I remember right.
              Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
              Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
              More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
              LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
              Play more!

Comment

Jeebus Christmas... how many diets has Oprah touted as MIRACULOUS... she loses abajillion pounds, then gains it back :/ This is like the fifteenth time she's done this bullshit.

WTFEVAR.

Comment

I was waiting for somebody to post something about this show. Did you notice how the cattle farmer claimed that they feed their cattle a high protein diet to fatten them up and Lisa Ling (the reporter) asked what do they feed them and the response was corn. What?!?! I didn't know corn was considered a "high protein" diet? I tried to post something on Facebook about it, but the non-Primal people had no idea why I was so pissed that nobody questioned this statement.

I've never posted anything on this site, but this topic had me heated! Thanks for letting me rant!

Comment

I don't get why people still don't see that she's basically a sad fat housewife in disguise. Blah. I despise Oprah.
                    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Perhaps we can start an Oprah letter writing campaign? What if we draft a letter like the type people draft to be personalized as one sees fit and sent off. If everyone on the site sends one off just maybe we'd get her attention and she'd investigate it, PB, or at least help to turn a critical eye on CW. Let's face it the lady has clout and I happen to like her, she could make a real difference! A facebook friend of mine posted something a week ago that led someone to comment on Oprah that she had the tools to fix her health and weight issue, but obviously chose not to and I thought, how sad that she probably did everything that she thought worked and still failed at that...

Comment

Originally posted by SunshynLady View Post
                        I was waiting for somebody to post something about this show. Did you notice how the cattle farmer claimed that they feed their cattle a high protein diet to fatten them up and Lisa Ling (the reporter) asked what do they feed them and the response was corn. What?!?! I didn't know corn was considered a "high protein" diet? I tried to post something on Facebook about it, but the non-Primal people had no idea why I was so pissed that nobody questioned this statement.

I've never posted anything on this site, but this topic had me heated! Thanks for letting me rant!
                        That's the same thing I tell people about why I drink whole milk or cream, Farmers use skim milk to fatten up the baby pigs around here! No one gets it though...

Comment

Very sad, feel bad for the house wife who would blindly follow this crap.

Comment

Oprah has all the information on her website to eat sensibly! Why the F@CK does she think a Vegan way of life is healthy!? This is why the wool is over American's eyes!!! Ignorance perpetuated by talking heads and walking contradictions! Television is not Primal. Turn it off.

I should throw my computer out the window into the swamp.

/Rant
                            Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Why have people not yet figured out that oprah is the poster child of yo-yo dieting?!?!?!?!?!?!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do people take diet advice from her???????????????????

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
                              My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
                              My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Comment

Working...
                              X