Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo Crisis - Help!

Hi Guys,

I have been primal for about six months and I have lost 65 lbs. The change in my appearance has made my life better in so many ways. However, I am having trouble with (what I believe is) GERD. I never had it before, but I now constantly have to belch. It just sits in my esophagus all day.

I have tried eating more chicken and turkey, I have upped my vegetable intake, I have cut fruit completely for a few days, I have limited almond butter and coconut milk consumption (and other fats), but nothing seems to help.

My buddy is on the blood type diet and he keeps telling me that my blood type is not cut out for heavy meat consumption, but that goes contrary to Mark and Robb Wolf’s opinions. I do not want to believe this, but I am running out of ideas.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Any treatment ideas that I could try? Any help would be really, really appreciated.

http://www.i-amperfectlyhealthy.com/AcidReflux.html

I take red desert clay and it's helped me tremendously w/acid reflux.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

the blood type diet? Really? My sisters and I all have different blood types, are we all "adapted" to different diets? psshhh.

Comment

You really had success with the red desert clay? Hard science on it seems to be lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by grokka View Post
          the blood type diet? Really? My sisters and I all have different blood types, are we all "adapted" to different diets? psshhh.
          Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. But, I am really struggling with this, so I have to listen to other opinions...

Comment

How's your caffeine intake? I used to have horrible acid reflux but mine went away when PB was started...

Comment

Originally posted by iammysticyte View Post
              You really had success with the red desert clay? Hard science on it seems to be lacking.
              No, I'm lying, they pay me to say that. Yes, I really did
              $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Try "Now Super Enzymes" and/or ox bile supplements for a little while until you body adapts completely.

Comment

Man, I definitely drink coffee. Did stopping coffee consumption make the acid reflux go away or was it something else related to PB? I feel like such an addict, but cutting coffee sucks! Especially if you can't substitute it for something else. I have tried substituting warm water, but even that makes me belch.

Comment

the blood type diet is bunk.

try the now foods superenzyme capsule (not tablet). A lifetime of the standard american diet compromises the gi tract and often leads to low stomach acid. Robb Wolf has talked about on a few of his podcasts....anyway, the superenzyme helped me tremendously as well as several friends of mine that converted to primal and had similar issues.
                    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by Karma View Post
                      Try "Now Super Enzymes" and/or ox bile supplements for a little while until you body adapts completely.
                      Have you had luck with this? Obviously, I would prefer any supplements to be in their primal form as opposed to pill form.

Comment

It could be plenty of other things too. Stress is a huge contributor to GI (not Glycemic Index! ) issues. I second the idea about caffeine, especially coffee. I can't have more than 1-2 cups a week.

And, maybe you're all-natural, but dude, I'd just grab some Tums! And if that didn't work, I'd try a course of Prilosec. Grok may not have had these at hand in his time, but he doesn't want you to suffer needlessly either.
                        The Paleo Periodical
                        It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup View Post
                          It could be plenty of other things too. Stress is a huge contributor to GI (not Glycemic Index! ) issues. I second the idea about caffeine, especially coffee. I can't have more than 1-2 cups a week.

And, maybe you're all-natural, but dude, I'd just grab some Tums! And if that didn't work, I'd try a course of Prilosec. Grok may not have had these at hand in his time, but he doesn't want you to suffer needlessly either.
                          This might be TMI, but I tried a Prilosec course. Two days in, I dealt with my first bout of constipation and I do not care to ever relive the ensuing two days.

Comment

I thought Prilosec turned off the acid pumps in the stomach which makes digesting more difficult. I may be wrong but I could've sworn I read that somewhere.

Comment

Supposedly it weakens the stomach acid so that the reflux is not as harsh. Obviously, though, I do not want to weaken my already weak acid. It makes no sense!

Comment

Working...
                              X