Greek Yogurt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Yogurt

greek yogurt at least somewhat primal? high protein, relatively low carb. I know dairy but thinking about it in moderation. new to the boards... has this been answered before?
    Get Motivated:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

I eat it. I mix it with fruit and it is my primal dessert the couple of times a week I feel the urge. I've only been primal for a month but lost 17 pounds so it doesn't seem to be hurting my weightloss.

Comment

I think it's OK under the 'moderate dairy' part of the diet, assuming you don't have any problems with dairy. Good with strawbs, blueberries, half a banana and a teaspoon of honey in the morning.

Comment

I eat it for breakfast (with some protein powder and berries and a few nuts added) 3-4 times a week.

Comment

+1 on all comments!

Comment

mmm i LOVVVVE FAGE full fat.... but.... i cant afford it, i just drool when i pass it at the market. stuff is ridicuously priced
            Get on my Level
            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
              mmm i LOVVVVE FAGE full fat.... but.... i cant afford it, i just drool when i pass it at the market. stuff is ridicuously priced
              True, but when I think about what I used to spend a week on Ben & Jerry's it balances out quite nicely

Comment

The Fage full fat version is the only yogurt i'll eat, it's by far the best! I eat one a day'

Comment

Again, have to HIGHLY recommend Greek Gods stuff.
                  Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                  Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                  Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                  Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

I like to chop some almonds and frozen cherries in the food processor and add it to the greek yogurt with a drop or two of vanilla and a little stevia. Food of the gods
                    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Originally posted by BStoneFitz View Post
                      greek yogurt at least somewhat primal? high protein, relatively low carb. I know dairy but thinking about it in moderation. new to the boards... has this been answered before?
                      Your in Boston, try Cabot's full fat Greek, Stoppies has it for $4.88. Tastes better than Fage to me as well.
                      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Greek yogurt is among the "most primal" dairy products - high in fat and probiotics. And it's so yummy. The other day I juiced a mandarin orange and mixed the juice and 1/2 spoon of honey really well into the yogurt - it was probably the best yogurt I've ever, ever had. And I know that's not really PB approved, but, I lived.
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Luckily, I can get a 16 oz tub for $3.69 here. I just eat the stuff plain, no sweeteners or anything.

Comment

I buy Peach full fat greek yogurt at Trader Joes! freaking heavenly.

Comment

You only want to buy/eat plain full-fat, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X