Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
    Two things.

1) Have you ever eaten this many eggs before? They're a common allergy in the gluten-intolerant, especially when they first stop eating gluten. How long ago did you stop eating gluten?

2) Lots of people who are gluten-intolerant react to oatmeal, even the type that is specifically tested as being gluten-free. You might stick to white rice for a bit, then test it out if you're determined to go that route.
    +1000 If you have a gluten intolerance, and gut irritation from that, eggs, which are high in lectins and one of the most common allergenic foods out there, are not a good choice. Ditto nuts.
    When I first ate low carb, I felt great, but I started feeling nauseated and bloated and the thought of meat...ugh. It was an egg allergy. I was eating eggs every day for the first time in my life, and it was just too much.
    Try a few weeks w/o them, and see how you feel.
    And of course, if your nausea persists, see a doctor!

Comment

coconut doesnt agree with everyone, you may try phasing it out and see how you respond(butter is amazing!)

also, youre 17.... do you need to lose weight or need to be focused on it? a very serious question you should ask yourself. primal will give you good health and nutrition and your body is a byproduct of that. at your age, you still have a lot of female hormone changing and maturing to do.

also, i notice when you eat eggs, you eat veggies, like kale...haha if i did that i would definitely feel sick and uneasy. i do best with eggs if they are free range(i literally cant eat storebought eggs) and as a snack or meal on their own with fat, not fiber.
      Get on my Level
      http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        Two things.

1) Have you ever eaten this many eggs before? They're a common allergy in the gluten-intolerant, especially when they first stop eating gluten. How long ago did you stop eating gluten?

2) Lots of people who are gluten-intolerant react to oatmeal, even the type that is specifically tested as being gluten-free. You might stick to white rice for a bit, then test it out if you're determined to go that route.
        I've always eaten eggs in varying amounts, I haven't had any issues with them in the past (except for eating 8-12 in a day for a stupid diet thing, but i think it was more a volume/fat thing than an egg intolerance) I stopped eating gluten about 7 months ago.
        Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
        also, youre 17.... do you need to lose weight or need to be focused on it? a very serious question you should ask yourself. primal will give you good health and nutrition and your body is a byproduct of that. at your age, you still have a lot of female hormone changing and maturing to do.
        I would like to eventually lose weight (not much, 10lbs maybe...) but I don't really care too much at the moment. I prefer to focus on health and feeling good for now. I'm more interested in seeing how my body reacts to different foods and diets and then going from there.
        http://anikaskitchen.blogspot.com/
        My journal

Comment

Like others have mentioned, both nuts and coconut milk can make me feel bloated (although I love coconut milk and still eat quite a bit of it.) Nuts I feel best eating 1/4 cup or less a day. (I WILL gain weight if I eat any more than that.) Eggs make me nauseous. And that happened after going primal and WAY overdoing it with them.

Wanted to add that I disagree w/ the pp who mentioned we are not all different. The minor differences which are unique to each of us are complex and complicated enough to matter a great deal IMO. I agree that meat is probably a great staple for most folks, and the basis of many traditional cultures diets, BUT with food intolerances and gut issues and all the messed up aspects thrown in from folks eating lifetimes of CW bs and having generational nutrient deficiencies, figuring out what *works best for you* is a pretty individual (and important) thing. Some primals thrive eating lots of dairy and nightshades (not me!) Some must avoid all fruit and nuts (not me). Some feel best super low carb, others feel good much higher carb. Some love covering their plates with veggies and small amounts of meat while others do the opposite. I find my needs change over time as I continue to grow and learn and heal while eating in this manner. Figuring out what foods make me feel best is quite personal and a process of experimentation that is constant (in a gradual manner.)

Anyway, good luck figuring out what feels best *to you*!
          My Before/After Pics
          Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

If I ate that many nuts and that little meat... Uh, yeah, not good.

Comment

If you aren't pregnant then the issue might be in the way you cook things. I hope you aren't eating them raw, which makes a lot of people bloat up. I also noticed that you are not eating any tubers or squashes, I suggest adding in some of those. You might be needing more soluble fiber and not enzymes or probiotics. Those you aren't supposed to eat every day.

Definitely try yogurt/cream cheese/greek cheeses.

Also, if you are 17 you might still be under hormonal havoc. Are you on the pill?
              By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi View Post
                How much coconut milk are you having at one time. Coconut milk bloats me out if I have more than a 6oz serving.
                I had this problem when I first started. I had too much coconut and became bloated and gassy. I don't bother with it anymore.

By the way, OP, just because you're 17 is no reason you can't be pregnant. Accidents happen.
                A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Of the items in your food diary, onions, cherries and coconut milk bloat me even when I take just small amounts. These may not be problem foods for you, of course, but they're worth a look. If it's IBS-esqe gassy bloating, you might also check out the FODMAPs list of foods to see if you could be reacting to those.

Comment

Originally posted by ani View Post
                    Definitely not pregnant, I'm 17.
                    I heard one time that some teenager somewhere got pregnant. Don't quote me on that, though.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I get sick if I have too much meat but feel better with less than 50g carbs so I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to up my fat like everyone says.
                      I was eating 30% protein, went down to about 25 and still felt sick so I think that i need no more than 20%. It's hard to get my head around this new way of eating but after many months I've come to the conclusion I'm a 20% protein, 15% carb, and 65% fat kind of girl:-) Who knows though, maybe I'll up the fat even more!
                      In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Comment

Hmm not just me who's iffy with coconut milk then. I ate some again last night and felt so nauseous I went to bed with a bucket next to me just in case!
                        Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                        Harold Whitman

Comment

Hmm not just me who's iffy with coconut milk then. I ate some again last night and felt so nauseous I went to bed with a bucket next to me just in case!
                          Was it pre-packaged milk? If it was, who knows what they put in it to homogenize it. I never tried coconut milk, only water, and to be honest I'm fine with hazelnut milk. That one's delicious.
                          By The Ancestral Fire - insights and opinions regarding primal living.

As a friend once said, "Bacon is the Journey of food. You may pretend to hate it, but secretly you still love it."

Comment

I don't have anything to add, but I have a question: What is Nola (other than New Orleans)?

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                              I don't have anything to add, but I have a question: What is Nola (other than New Orleans)?
                              http://girlgoneprimal.blogspot.com/2...ola-final.html
                              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                                By the way, OP, just because you're 17 is no reason you can't be pregnant. Accidents happen.
                                Unless she tripped and landed on a penis it is not an accident but poor planning. Also, I am sure "I am 17" is the easiest way for the OP to say she is not pregnant without going into personal details on a public forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X