Jack Daniels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Daniels

I enjoy sipping on JD w/ a couple of ice cubes. I probably have 4-5 3oz. drinks per week. I looked up the nutritional value and JD has no sugar or carbs. What kind of effects, if any, will this have on my metabolism? I have been following a strict PB diet other than the occasional JD. Thanks in advance for the input. =)

Not sure how whiskey affects metabolism, but I have 3-4 glasses of wine per week. I have lost fat just fine.

Comment

I know alcohol is a preferred metabolic fuel and is burned before glucose and fat stores - it also has around 8 calories per gram
      "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do" - Epictetus

Comment

Yeah John, I enjoy red wine as well. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that if you are doing everything else right it can't really hamper the fat loss.

Comment

so if it is burned first it has to slow down fat loss i guess but in moderation it can't be too bad. =)

Comment

Whisky also has far less carbs than most other alcoholic drinks. Not to mention it tastes better.
            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
            Blog
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html
              My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

great link Adventure8410, thanks! Think i will go pour me a Jack w/ one ice cube, lol!

Comment

I prefer Maker's Mark...2-3 times per week.... Maybe even a manhattan for a treat

Comment

Mark wrote a good piece about this...

As I understand it, alcohol can't be stored by your body. Since that's the case, it's the first thing your body will burn for fuel. So while it won't make you fat, it will also stop the fat burning process while you're getting it out of your system.

I think on Leangains, Martin said to limit your drinking and don't eat any carbs or that much food while you're drinking.

I drink on Fridays, Saturdays, and occasionally on Sundays and haven't had an issue. Straight whiskey, no mixer. (Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select). Jack is good stuff, though.
                    Last edited by cavemanj; 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X