A meal of fat and no meat okay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A meal of fat and no meat okay?

I am wondering if I have to have meat at every meal. For instance... I made a coconut smoothie (coconut milk, 1/2 c. wild blueberries, spinach, ice cubes) for breakfast the other day and didn't want anything else, but had 2 hard-boiled eggs, also. Would it have been okay just to have the smoothie? Would I have gotten hungry sooner without the protein?

no problem. you don't need to have meat at every meal. what is important is that you have protein. the eggs took care of that.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
      no problem. you don't need to have meat at every meal. what is important is that you have protein. the eggs took care of that.
      Right... the eggs took care of the protein, but I didn't want them... just felt I should have them for the protein. So the smoothie alone wouldn't be okay because there is no protein, right?

Comment

Protein is the most satiating nutrient, so chances are you would have gotten hungry sooner without the eggs.

Comment

You could try adding a scoop of brown rice protein powder to your smoothies if you are okay with protein powders and want to feel full longer but not have meat or eggs at every meal.

Comment

No meat in your meal? BLASPHEMY! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Seriously, it's okay. You had carbs, fat, and protein (incomplete) in your smoothie, not to mention the protein in the eggs. There is nothing against just having a smoothie, but having a fatty cut of meat with veggie/butter is more satiety. Odds are that you will get hungry quickly with just a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed View Post
              No meat in your meal? BLASPHEMY! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Seriously, it's okay. You had carbs, fat, and protein (incomplete) in your smoothie, not to mention the protein in the eggs. There is nothing against just having a smoothie, but having a fatty cut of meat with veggie/butter is more satiety. Odds are that you will get hungry quickly with just a smoothie.
              LOL. Thanks... you guys are funny and helpful. I think if I hadn't had the hard boiled eggs I would have been hungry.

Comment

Put the eggs in the smoothie - I often put them in my protein shakes, tastes great!
                Odille
                F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Nilla View Post
                  You could try adding a scoop of brown rice protein powder to your smoothies if you are okay with protein powders and want to feel full longer but not have meat or eggs at every meal.
                  Grains aren't Primal.
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Analog6 View Post
                    Put the eggs in the smoothie - I often put them in my protein shakes, tastes great!
                    Just put them in there raw? How many?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      Grains aren't Primal.
                      Hi Dragonfly,
                      I know they aren't primal but on one of Mark's blogs on alternative protein powders for people who are lactose intolerant, he reviews different protein powders and rice protein powder is one of his recommendations. He says that "Rice protein powder is created by isolating the protein from the brown rice grain. Rice is already one of the least offensive grains out there, so a smattering of rice-based amino acids will work okay. You’re not going to absorb or digest the rice protein with as much ease as with animal-based protein, but that’s fine. A reader mentioned that any form of dairy protein powder resulted in great discomfort; if that’s true, rice protein powder may be a good choice."

The full post is here:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/whey-...er-supplement/

Comment

Originally posted by Nilla View Post
                        I'm not a big fan of this. There are certainly better options... like EGGS.

I like using raw eggs in my shakes, when I make them. They give a nice thick, malted milk shake sort of effect.

Forget the grains, even rice. Not worth it.

Comment

I was picturing a big grilled chunk of cow fat. lol

Comment

In the summer I tend to do smoothies for breakfast a lot of the time. I RARELY add eggs, SOMETIMES use a protein powder (whey in my case) but it NEVER bothers me to not have a protein with it. And often times its a case of breakfast at 6-7am and lunch doesn't happen until 2-3 or even 4pm. But the smoothie will hold me.

So my 2 cents is: Make your smoothie however you want. Just make sure you have a good snack along with you in case you DO get hungry later so you don't break and grab a snickers bar just cause you are starving!

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                              I was picturing a big grilled chunk of cow fat. lol
                              I kind of was too!

Of course considering how AWESOME the fat on my crock-pot pork chops was the other night I coulda eaten WAY more of that!

Comment

Working...
                              X